Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

egt probe for insight

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Jacup84 
#1 ·
does a edge insight cs use a normal guage egt probe to monitor or does it come with one when you buy it or is extra... going to buy my sct x3 today gonna look for the insight while i am out

#2 ·
The probe is extra.

#4 ·
I paid $85 for mine yesterday, Edge brand, plain EGT, not the expansion pack or whatever its called. Also got an X3.

#5 ·
you got the probe for 85?? thats kinda high i think 299 for monitor then 85 for egt probe...... i think i will go with manual guages for that money and have fuel pressure, pyro, and boost... thought about the all in one guage from glow shift just don't know about them never seen in person

#6 ·
You'll spend more on analog gaugess than the Edge. With the 6.0, you'll need to watch EGT, EOT,ECT,Fuel psi, and boost. Then if you tow a TFT.

Now the Edge Insight CS/CTS can also monitor FICM volts which is also important for the 6.0. Then there is the other PID's that aren't as important to watch, but they come in handy when you need to troubleshoot issues. And don't forget about the code reading capabilities, because the SCT sucks for reading codes.

See where I'm going with this, if you were to buy every analog gauge that the Edge is capable of monitoring, you would spend a whole lot more.

#7 ·
yeah that does make alot of since having all those on one vs all seperate guages.... can it read fuel pressure off the obdII or do i need to order another part for that

#8 ·
Your gonna want the EAS EGT probe kit. Trust me with all of the cool aditional things you can add it just makes sense. The EAS system works very well and eliminates 25 cables coming thru your firewall and bunches of wiring under the dash.

#9 ·
Jacup84~ You will need another part to read fuel pressure. Thats my next purchase! I love the CTS! It has helped a ton!

#11 ·
where is the best place to get the cts or cs from with the EAS with egt and fuel kit for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.