Two questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Two questions

First off I have an '05 with 81,000 on the clock. When i fist start my truck and take off, my truck will build 0 boost for about ten seconds. After that it does fine. Is this programming or do I need to clean the turbo? It does this weather the engine is hot or cold. If I shut the truck off for just a few minutes and get back in it doesnt seem to do it though. Just if it sits maybe an hour or more.

Second is a glow plug question. It is 80 degrees here now but when I start my truck my glow plug light only stays on maybe 2 seconds or so. I have been a 7.3 guy all my life, so im used to seeing this light stay on longer even in the warmer months. Problem, or just dont need them during this warm weather???
Thanks in advance for the help Dustin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 05:27 AM
information regurgitator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Few things to check, and they all relate to the PCM controlling the turbo.
The brass nipple on the passenger side of the intake manifold, has a small rubber hose that goes off towards the heater core box. That hose goes to the MAP sensor. Take the hose off and visually check it for cracking, and any restrictions. Check the nipple on the intake. Take an allenwrench (or something else that can't de dropped into the intake) and poke the hole to make sure it is open.

Next is the EGR valve (if you have not deleted your egr cooler).
Pull it out of the intake and clean it <link>

Then, check/clean the EP sensor.
Located on the drivers side of your truck, under the degas bottle, sitting on top of a stainless steel tube, attached to the valve cover where the front FICM bracket is. Use two wrenches. One on the tube, on on the sensor and remove it. Clean with carb cleaner, use tie-wire and stick it down into the tube. You can't hurt anything inside the tube, it just goes down to the exhaust manifold. Make sure it is open.

Give all of that a shot and see if this has an effect. Won't cost much beyond your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.