Glow plug circuits. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glow plug circuits.

So, I posted earlier about the truck running great and didn't "knock on wood". I went out to go for groceries and she wouldn't start! I read the codes and had P0671, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 and P1000.

P0671-78 are cylinder 1-8 glow plug circuits. Apparently meaning the glow plugs are not working. I cleared the codes, checked all the connections with the GPCM and the plugs I could reach and she fired right up.

P1000 is the OBD readiness code. If power to the PCM is disconnected it is set until the OBD monitors have run and cleared. After clearing my DTC's this code remains. I think this is telling me that there is still a problem with something the ODB system is trying to monitor. Any ideas on what to check and how to check it would be appreciated. Right now I'm going to drive her around the block a few times to make sure she's running right and try to reset the P1000 code again. Maybe it just needs some time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Found this through Google...

P1000 - Monitors Incomplete
After clearing DTCs, or a battery disconnect, for a few journeys the DTC P1000 is often found. This is a notification that not all of the Monitors have been completed since they were cleared and is not a fault condition. Once all of the OBD Monitors have been completed the DTC P1000 is cleared from memory.

That was basically what I was thinking. We'll see how long before it disappears.

Has anyone had intermittent glow plug circuit codes? Is this a possible upcoming failure of the GPCM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.