LED's what are you using....? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LED's what are you using....?

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some LED's for the marker lights, turn signals, backup lights, and stop lights on my truck. I would like the ones that just plug into the factory plugs. What type, company, or brands are you guys using? I would like some that you guys found to be real bright.

If there are any you know to avoid please let me know.

Thanks,

William
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
im getting ready to buy some from super bright leds . com i was going to order off ebay to get a good deal but soon realized i bought my led tailgate bar and led's went out and the seller on ebay wouldnt take care of the warranty issues. they are more expensive but atleast you get covered.

im going to buy just the tail/brake light bulbs for now and see if i like them and the more light output before i go laying out all the cash for it all.
does anyone know if you put leds in the tail lights will our truck turn signals blink real fast. my dad put led's in our hummer from autozone and they make it blink real fast

oh and make sure you get the bulbs with a 180* viewing angle or else the light wont reflect on the chrome inside the light housing. if you get the bulbs with only leds facing directly out they wont be really bright
Old 08-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

I have RECONs for the taillights and 3rd brake light up top, and have been completely satisfied with them. They are extremely bright, and look good. I've heard others bad talk that brand, but, I've had good luck so far and have had them for about 2 1/2 years.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:07 PM
back to business

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
does anyone know if you put leds in the tail lights will our truck turn signals blink real fast.
Yes!! You need load resistors to fix this. Cheap and easy to install (or get the LED's with built in load resistors.)

As for the brightness of LED's, unless you get some real high quality lights, don't expect them to be much, if any, brighter than the incandecsent bulbs. That really isn't the benifit you get from LED's. However, the CREE reverse lights are bright as Chit!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.