2006 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x4 worth the buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x4 worth the buy?

Ok, first off I'm new to the tread...I am in the process of looking to buy a truck...I have found a 2006 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x4 that has EVERY OPTION FORD HAD FOR THIS TRUCK in it...The guy is asking $28,500 for the truck...It has 67,000 miles on it and it runs and drives like it just came off the lot...The seats are emaculant as is the paint and body....My only thing is the truck is almost 6 yrs old....And it has been very well maintained....Do y'all think its worth the buy? Cause I've also been looking at the new 2011 Dodge 2500 Cummins....I would have to wait till the beginning of 2012 before I could get the Dodge, but I could get the Ford now....I know this is a Ford site bu your honest opinion would be great? I would also purchase an extended warranty due to the head gasket issues.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Personally, I think that is priced well on the high side. Have you checked the EOT and ECT temps? Don't consider buying anything until you get a set of gauges so you can make certain the oil cooler or egr coolers aren't shot.

I bought a 2006 F250 with 97K on the ticker 1 year ago with ALL the bells and whistles, the only option I did not have on my truck was navigation, and I paid less than $19K. My truck had a dent on the outside and a coffee stain on the passenger seat the size of an envelope, but other that, in was in the great to excellant range.

I couldn't imagine comparing new trucks to 5-6 year old trucks. Talk about apples to oranges, let alone two completely different types of trucks. Good luck on your decision.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
seems a little high to me seeing as thats what 08-10 6.4' are running around here (28-40K)
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think there is room to negotiate that down some. I'd take a F250 over a Dodge every time.

Ready the first link in my sig. It'll bring you up to speed on the 6.0.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repoman2 View Post
Ok, first off I'm new to the tread...I am in the process of looking to buy a truck...I have found a 2006 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x4 that has EVERY OPTION FORD HAD FOR THIS TRUCK in it...The guy is asking $28,500 for the truck...It has 67,000 miles on it and it runs and drives like it just came off the lot...The seats are emaculant as is the paint and body....My only thing is the truck is almost 6 yrs old....And it has been very well maintained....Do y'all think its worth the buy? Cause I've also been looking at the new 2011 Dodge 2500 Cummins....I would have to wait till the beginning of 2012 before I could get the Dodge, but I could get the Ford now....I know this is a Ford site bu your honest opinion would be great? I would also purchase an extended warranty due to the head gasket issues.....
Price sounds a little high and dont buy the truck till you test drive and monitor oil temps and coolant temps! They should be within a couple degrees of eachother. Also check into that aftermarket warranty cause I cant tell you how many warranty companies I have had get out of paying claims on these trucks. Heads are the main one they dont cover correct repairs on these trucks, they are in the buisness of not paying claims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.