Warranty Info - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Warranty Info

Can any one of you techs give me an idea of what i am looking at for repairs.

I have an 07 F350 CC 4X4 Harley Edition. It has approxitmately 97600 miles. I am not the original owner. I thought Ford has a factory warranty of 100000 on the motor.

here is a list of some of the issues i have been having....

1. intermitten no start, chuggs for a lil bit then shuts down finally after awhile and a few times trying it starts. also intermittently from a stop take off is really slow until it appears to me to have enough fuel then takes off. changed oil, filter, both fuel filters and verified FICM key on engine off 47.7 volts engine running 48.7 volts. I have read all the posts on here i can possibly read and it appears it can be the HPOP, stand pipes or rail plugs leaking. Also it may be the LPOP ( i have read on here where the lifter needle bearings have come out and ruined the LPOP).

2. It appears to me that both the front and rear engine seals are leaking.

3. I get a chirp or a screech when i initially start up after it has been sitting for a little while or overnight. it only lasts for about a second then stops and the engine then sounds like it is loading so to speak. it sounds like the turbo. maybe running dry then when the oil is fed to it, it stops? I pulled the intercooler hoses on both sides cleaned and reinstalled. i pulled the turbo intake and filter. i spun the turbo it doesn't free spin like i would expect it to, stops after a couple revs. when i move it up and down it seems too much travel to me. couldn't really tell on lateral movement.

what do you think the possible problems are? are these all covered under the warranty? if so how much am i looking to pay? if not how much am i looking to pay?

Im tight on funds so i haven't got me a dianostic tool. when i do get one which one is the best for reading all parameters?

Thanks,

Rusty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yes, all that should be covered by warranty. It does however depend on the in service date of the truck. The PO couls have bought an 07 anytime after June, making the 5 year warranty close to or past due. Have the dealer look you VIN up and tell you if the powertrain warranty is still in effect
Old 08-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Nicolas. The sticker on the valve cover said 2006 but i wasn't too sure of the month. So if it is past the 5 year mark then none of the warranty for the motor would be in effect?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

just went through similar situation, ford policy is 5 years from day of original sale or 100000 miles you should be under warranty, on a side note if you buy an extended warranty basically 2 more years and 100000 miles more before you fall out of warranty your golden
Old 08-22-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty67 View Post
Thanks Nicolas. The sticker on the valve cover said 2006 but i wasn't too sure of the month. So if it is past the 5 year mark then none of the warranty for the motor would be in effect?
Correct. Ask the dealer (any dealer should be able to tell you) when it was purchased
Old 08-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks korterman1 i am right at the 100000 mile warranty so i don't think the extended would help me.

Thanks again Nicolas. I just called the dealer my warranty is good until september. I made an appointment for next wednesday the 31st. i will let you all know what they say.

thanks all for the info
Old 08-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can still purchase the "smaller" of 2 versions of extended warranty as long as you are still in the original 5yr/100k. The next extension is another 2 yrs/100k on TOP of the factory, so it would be 7yr/200k, so yes, it would help. All of the work you're talking about should be warrantied, you should still be in. My 06 is running out end of this month, so you're 07 should be good for a short time still.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks mdub. i didn't know it was an additional 100k on top. I have until september to get it so i am still in the window. thanks again
Old 08-22-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty67 View Post
Thanks korterman1 i am right at the 100000 mile warranty so i don't think the extended would help me.

Thanks again Nicolas. I just called the dealer my warranty is good until september. I made an appointment for next wednesday the 31st. i will let you all know what they say.

thanks all for the info
Hopefully they'll get you fixed up the first time. My warranty is up now, but the engine is still leaking. They did the bedplate seal in April, and my warranty was up in May. I still have a 12 month warranty on the work though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.