climate control problem?? HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
climate control problem?? HELP

so here we go 2005 f250 powerstroke with the digital climate control. the air works and gets cold but the other day it quit allowing me to change the selction of where it blows from. so it blows out on the top/defrost spot and wont go to feet or regular vent/face spot. the temp still works, the a/c works, the lights work, reserculation works, auto mode works, fan speed works, and the on off selection works it just wont blow out any vent but the defrost spot. when I do select another setting it does show on the screen that it is blowing out that spot but it is really just still blowing out the defrost spot?? Please help thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok so I have looked in to it and think it is the vacuum pump so will repost if that does not fix it thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You have a vacuum leak, usually the 4wd hub seals go bad.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey guys I have the same problem with my 07 f250 2x4 how do I check for a vacuum leak? Will that fix the issue or could it be something else. Please help my wife and I are about to have our first child any day now and I need to get this fixed before he's born and we bring him home from the hospital thank everyone in advance!:confuse d:
Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke7211 View Post
Hey guys I have the same problem with my 07 f250 2x4 how do I check for a vacuum leak? Will that fix the issue or could it be something else. Please help my wife and I are about to have our first child any day now and I need to get this fixed before he's born and we bring him home from the hospital thank everyone in advance!:confuse d:
Start with a visual check of the vacuum hoses. Look for any that are disconnected, or damaged. One of the common issues is the gray hose that either connects to a nipple on the HVAC box or in-line heater hose valve, it gets knocked off. In this picture, below my hand you will see what the gray hose looks like. It will either be on the box as shown in the pic, or be connected to the valve on the heater hose behind the oil fill tube.

If everything checks our visually, you can click on this link that was provided by another member and start trouble shooting the vacuum system. The hub seals tend to go bad and cause a vacuum leak.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/att...-f350-esof.pdf

Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke7211 View Post
good to hear. i wish u the best of luck adn hope all goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.