If you had your drothers... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you had your drothers...

Would you purchase a 2005 6.0 CC 4x2 with 69K miles...OR
a 2003 7.3 CC FX4 with 105K miles for the same money? BTW, these are both 1 owners and have been well taken care of.....but the 05' is in the shop right now getting Oil/EGR coolers. Oddly enough, they are both the same color, Both Lariats. Im on the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

For the same money, I go 6.0 the 05'+ are so nice and it will already have a fresh oil and EGR cooler. Plus half the miles. I love my 7.3 and will keep it till the wheels fall off but I think you got to go 05'

Just realized 05 is a 4x2 so that throws a wrench in the machine, now I have to go 7.3 because I need 4x4 but if you dont need a 4x4 then 05'.

Last edited by Mikey's250; 08-19-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Cant read good
Old 08-19-2011, 11:47 AM

Tough call. If the '05 had 4x4, the decision would be easy for me. If 4x4 isn't a priority, then you have to decide based on other factors. For instance, is there a significant price difference? The '05 will have an updated front suspension with a tighter turning radius. I wouldn't buy any 6.0L I couldn't pick up with sufficient discount margin so you can justify whatever "bulletproofing" measures you intend to make for peace of mind. That is one good thing about the 6.0's reputation though. Usually you can find them cheap enough, that the margin is there to do the mods.

And here is another option. You don't have to buy either one of these vehicles just because you have the opportunity to. You can wait until something closer to what you want comes around. There are enough of these on the road and I see threads posted all the time about how someone just picked up a nice deal. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by Gringo_Tex; 08-19-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

ya i would go with the 6.0 but i would have to have 4x4 so ya if i had to choose i would say 7.3. also the 6.0 is going to need studs and stuff to make it strong like the 7.3. i just went from a 7.3 to a 6.0 and i love my 6.0
Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

4x4 in not important to me. We rarely get snow/ice here. I am just a little nervous with the 6.0 The 05' does have nicer suspension, and interior, but that motor is the only thing holding me back. I have a few days to decide, we just took this 03' in on trade, and the 05' about a week or so ago and knew at the time of trade in that it needed the coolers. Oil in the coolant was a dead give away. The 05' will be out of the shop on Wed, and so I guess I will drive the 03' for the next few days and make a decision then. You gotta admit, the ol' 7.3 is already damn near bulletproof, and I wont have to put additional money into it with ARP's, STC, Etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.