Oil temps normal? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil temps normal?

I am alittle confused with my oil temp and maybe someone can help? I have an 05 f250 I have an edge set to zero and only use it to monitor my temps ( egt,eot,ect,trans temp) this truck was updated with the latest flash from ford Jan 2011. I also have a custom Sct turn on the truck now here's where I am confused, my oil temp has climbed as high as 214 intown not towing and on the highway but I have also seen it drop way off well under 175 while driving the ect is always around 192 to 196 so if my oil temp is over 15 deg delta shouldn't the truck be throwing a code and wrench light on the dash because of the 15 deg over delta?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 07:01 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Wait, so it has got to operating temp but then dropped down to 175? Like it was at 190-200 then dropped back down and the coolant was still at normal temp? Something is off.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you will notthrow a code at 15 degrees difference. I think ford has the truck defuel if eot reach 250. do you have an egr delete? what other mods do you have. Over 15 degee difference between ect and eot usually is an indication your oil cooler is shot
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah it will be at 214 the start to drop the go back up. But I never get a light for being over 15 deg even though it is.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It was my understanding that the newer flash ford has will trigger a light if your oil temp is over 15 deg delta? Truck still has the egr. But does have custom tunes from gearhead.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman111 View Post
It was my understanding that the newer flash ford has will trigger a light if your oil temp is over 15 deg delta? Truck still has the egr. But does have custom tunes from gearhead.
I think that was part of the new re-flash on the 6.4's but i could be wrong.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ford issued a TSB for a flash update that is for the 05 and up year models that will throw the wrench light and a P012F code for oil cooler effieciency if the oil cooler is plugging up. That efficiency code is based on a 15 degree delta temp (EOT/ECT), but is based on a number of operational factors (coolant temp above 189 IIRC, 65 mph, probably some others).
Old 07-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
Ford issued a TSB for a flash update that is for the 05 and up year models that will throw the wrench light and a P012F code for oil cooler effieciency if the oil cooler is plugging up. That efficiency code is based on a 15 degree delta temp (EOT/ECT), but is based on a number of operational factors (coolant temp above 189 IIRC, 65 mph, probably some others).
Engine load is monitored as well, but I don't remember what the threshold is.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
Yep sounds about right, but I heard that they changed it from 15* to 25*? Not sure about that.. Just had one that had a wrench light on, PO12F code and the highest spread I could get was 23*. Also I cleard the light, then drove it for about 50 miles and could not get it to come back on, even after many key cycles and 23* of spread.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah this is why I am not sure if maybe the sensor is bad? If I am crusing the highway at 65 and my ect is 192 and my eot is 215 hat would be a 23 deg spread and I should get a light on the dash but the very fact that my eot will be at 215 then start to lower it's self down to around 170's and then jump it's way back up to the 200's makes me think he sensor is bad? Maybe it's not really at 215 I don't know, I thought when they go bad they never climb in temp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.