EGR Delete. Way to tell? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete. Way to tell?

So I was doing some tinkering under the hood this weekend (cleaning up the POs shoddy wiring job ) and noticed on top of the EGR cooler theres a 5 / 10 written on it in grease pen. I'm assuming that correlates to it having been replaced at that time. The OASIS report showed up clean on the truck and there was no records of it having been done at the dealership or in any of the paperwork I have for the truck.

Is there a way to tell if it's an aftermarket delete / cooler setup without having to actually tear it out? I'm wanting to toss in a BPD Delete setup but going to save the coin if there's already one installed. The truck still has the stock EGR valve in place and plugged in with no CELs. I have yet to pull the EGR valve itself and see if it's clean / sooty / wet.

Coming off the pipe from the Oil cooler is a blue hose boot which from what I can gather is rather common for both stock and aftermarket setups. Based on the pictures I've been able to find the overall setup / dimensions of the stock and aftermarkets look the same from the outside.

So, is there any way to tell if my truck has an aftermarket cooler / delete installed without removing the EGR cooler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There is no easy way to tell if it is a sneaky delete unfortunately. You could loosen the bottom of the passenger up pipe and blow compressed air into the scoop and see if it comes out where the egr valve goes but I don't know that it's worth the effort.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 AM

Without a tuner, my truck is throwing a CEL with the egr cooler deleted and the valve still plugged in.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 AM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin99 View Post
Without a tuner, my truck is throwing a CEL with the egr cooler deleted and the valve still plugged in.
Yep. Me too. You have an 06 and that is what they do. Have to have that tuner and the tune to get rid of it.

Acidsniper: And that right there tells me that you don't have the "sneaky" delete. The 06 will throw the infamous P0401 "insufficient egr flow" code.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:39 AM

Correct, ordered my SCT Sat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.