new to diesels new to fourm - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new to diesels new to fourm

ok let me start off by saying that i am diesel dumb i do however work on gas motors of all kinds.... whell i tinker with just about anything except diesels but i went and bought an 05 f350 6.0 . and had it one month and took it by a local diesel shop just to have them check it out . and they told me that it was an injector cup cracked. so i called and mabe said alot of things to dealership that i shouldnt have lol. but they hooked me up tho they set me up with and warrenty and they said they would cover the rest.(pretty good huh ?) but neways one thing led to another and come to find out the head was cracked . ok and i am getting them to install head studs while they have the motor out. whell after the shop having my truck for 3mth!!!!!! they told me that it should b done nxt week. and my question is . is there anything i can do or have them do while they have the motor out to help the 6.0 ? the egr cooler has been deleted so anything else ?

p.s i dnt have alot of money but im willing to use the credit card if they r anything i need to do now that i cnt do with the motor in .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Up date the STC fitting to the new design. 2005 engines with the 2 part STC fitting will leave you by the side of the road one day when it blows apart. With a head job I hope you will get new standpipes and dummy plugs, if not spend the cash now. All of this for about $250 BTW all of this can be done with the engine in the truck,but it's a lot easier with it torn down this far all ready. I am sure others will have more ideas.

check out the links, WELCOME TO THE .ORG

STC fitting install

Things to consider about owning a 6.0L

My el Cheapo coolant filter.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

lol thanks for the quick reply but i dnt have a clue what all that stuff u said is on the truck nor how to fix it but i will ask the shop but from what i have heard from them i dnt think they have worked on 6.0's alot but i will talk to them tommrow
Old 07-10-2011, 06:02 PM

The STC (Snap To Connect fitting) is the connector that connects your high-pressure oil pump to your high-pressure oil distribution system. A 6.0 uses high-pressure oil in a pseudo hydraulic power capacity to drive the fuel injectors. This fitting came into use in 2005 MY engines and has a history of spontaneously disassembling it’s self at the least opportune time. This failure is usually preceded by hot start problems. Ford has released an updated replacement for the STC fitting that will solve these issues. The standpipes and dummy plugs screw into the high-pressure oil rail under the valve cover and for lack of a better description are high-pressure oil distribution components. These devices have o-rings on them that deteriorate with heat and time and cause high-pressure oil leaks. The money you spend replacing these now will only be a tiny fraction of what you will spend to t-shoot and repair the problem later down the road. Anymore questions just ask, oh and check out the links I provided.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:06 PM

This link has pix of the parts you should consider.

Ford 6.0 update parts

Old 07-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok so ur saying replace the orings on the standpipes ? or r u saying replacing the whole pipes ?
Old 07-10-2011, 06:10 PM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAM_RADIO_MAN View Post
This link has pix of the parts you should consider.

Ford 6.0 update parts
HOLY PRICE GOUGING batman!
Yeah, look but don't buy them there. Call Tousley Ford to save yourself a boatload of cash. 800-328-9552. Just have your VIN number when you call and tell them what p[arts you want. They know their stuff.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:12 PM
information regurgitator

Don't replace just o-rings (if you could find them). The parts themselves changed in design to allow for a better seal. Buy new.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok got it buy new.... now lol plz bear with me but do i need to buy the the 2 peice
Old 07-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok got to looking at it and i understand . thanks and does anybody know where to get them around nc ? just so it wnt take 3 or 4 days to get them ? lol u would think for 4k for parts and labor they would get them for me lol but i will tho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.