First mods question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First mods question

I looked into my coolant tank and noticed what appears to be really fine almost talcum powder like sediment. I am assuming this is the casting sand and other stuff some has seen on here.

I am going to get a coolant filter kit next payday and install it.

I am not tuned or studded the truck is bone stock and from the service records this is the original coolant. Is the only way to switch to ELC coolant instead of the gold stuff to do it yourself? I don't have the ability to dispose of 16 gallons of coolant and water to do it myself.

Also I want to get an insight CTS but can't afford one what other upgrades would you recommend for someone on a budget. I have an OBDII scanner that can data log but I can't seem to find EOT on the PIDs. I have fuel pressure and ECT but can't find EOT.

Thanks

Dik
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 01:17 PM
information regurgitator

On the scanner, the EOT pid would be classified under "diesel engine oil temp" or at least that is how I found it.
The fuel pressure pid for the 6.0 is non-existant because there is no stock sensor.
The cheapest way to get the gauges you desperately need to run is the scangauge2 which runs about 165 bucks at the autoparts store. It is an obd style electronic monitor. You have to read the manual on how to program it then, go to THIS THREAD and pick out what gauges you want and program it.

As far as coolant flushing to swap over to the ELC coolant, there is but 1 way to do it right, and that is do it yourself. Collect the flush water and bring it to your municipal recycling center. They will likely be shocked that anyone actually is doing what they are supposed to with coolant (at least mine was, they had never had anyone actually bring it in) and will take it. Some charge a nominal fee for disposal but I think it is worth it.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
On the scanner, the EOT pid would be classified under "diesel engine oil temp" or at least that is how I found it.
The fuel pressure pid for the 6.0 is non-existant because there is no stock sensor.
The cheapest way to get the gauges you desperately need to run is the scangauge2 which runs about 165 bucks at the autoparts store. It is an obd style electronic monitor. You have to read the manual on how to program it then, go to THIS THREAD and pick out what gauges you want and program it.

As far as coolant flushing to swap over to the ELC coolant, there is but 1 way to do it right, and that is do it yourself. Collect the flush water and bring it to your municipal recycling center. They will likely be shocked that anyone actually is doing what they are supposed to with coolant (at least mine was, they had never had anyone actually bring it in) and will take it. Some charge a nominal fee for disposal but I think it is worth it.
Thanks that is what I kinda figured. Maybe I should get a couple 5 gallon buckets with lids from Home Depot or something to collect and transport the "stuff" in.

Dik
Old 07-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can get a deal on a scangauge2 ( I love mine ) from Bullet Proof diesel this month and theirs is pre programmed with the most popular 6.0 gauges. Some cities will allow coolant in the sanitary sewer if not I am sure there is a sight to dispose of household hazardous waste in your town. My GFs Saturn has a bad head gasket so I am slowly feeding all of my Ford Gold to the Saturn gal every week. Thats an upgrade for that car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.