Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Another FICM swap

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  2006powerstroke 
#1 ·
I got the IDP 58v with erics flash, The truck starts like a gasser now,My neighbor wont think im on fire in the morning!!
I recommend this unit I just suggest you dont swap it in IDPs parking lot(Its f'n HOT)

#2 ·
LOL! I have a Swamps unit on order and I was going back and forth on if I should install it or pay to have it installed for me. I've been leaning towards installing it myself. I take it from you doing it in the parking lot it's really not that tough. :confused:

#3 ·
Yep, a FICM swap is easy peasy (high heat in a parking lot would add to the difficulty factor).
You can just take the screws out of the degas bottle and push it out of the way, remove the 4 nuts holding the ficm in place, unplug the three plugs and reverse the steps.
Make 100% sure that the plugs are FULLY inserted and the locks on the plugs click into position. All sorts of weird things happen when you don't get them seated right, don't ask how I know that......

#4 ·
Ya I have one that wont click down, and when we did the egr delete and put everything back together ( we prob bumped in when we were taking everything apart), tried to fire it back up and it just makes a romping sound and wont start. We just gave the little plug a push and it started fine and seems to hold its place, but did not click like the other ones. Wonder if theres a new plug I can buy or something. Or maybe its on the FICM end. :dunno:

#7 ·
sweet man thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.