FICM V Problem PLEASE HELP! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation FICM V Problem PLEASE HELP!

YouTube - ‪FICM V problem‬‏

So the problem is I start the truck and it starts fine and a few seconds after the CTS starts alerting for low FICM V. I let my battery tender sit all weekend and charge both batteries I did them one at a time.

I recently had a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT installed professionally but I am not sure if that is related to the problem. The truck starts right up no problem and FICM V during cranking is 47+ and idles without issue. I can fine no codes and there has been no check engine light. If it weren't for the CTS I would have no indication of an issue.

Where should I start??!!? PLEASE HELP!

Thank you so much for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 AM

Im not a expert but I would think your ficm just went bad..But on the other hand It seems kinda strange that your not getting any other codes casued by the low voltage FICM like others have gotten when there FICM goes out. I would still think your FICM is bad tho...
Theres a half shell in the for sale section just incase you wanted to go that way..
Old 07-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
At 41 volts your ficm is bad
Old 07-05-2011, 04:30 AM
information regurgitator

Your battery voltage looks low in the beginning as well. I would take the batteries out and have them load tested first. If they fail, replace. If you replace, charge them batteries fully, then recheck.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
Your battery voltage looks low in the beginning as well. I would take the batteries out and have them load tested first. If they fail, replace. If you replace, charge them batteries fully, then recheck.
Good idea. They are less than a year old but I'll take them to the dealer and have them checked tomorrow. Once running the FICM V is typically fine which would lead me to believe battery and that is why I charged them in the first place. Is it ok to connect a battery tender with both batteries still wired to the truck? As long as I wait until it says the battery is charged is that safe?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 AM
information regurgitator

Charge the batteries separately. I have never used a 'battery tender' to charge a battery. I use one to maintain the charge in the battery of my motorcycle after the snow flies in the winter. That is about it.
I have an 06 FLHX, I see you have a newer model. Love that thing.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine just did the exact same thing after a long pull to yellowstone and back. Key on - good voltage. Start- good voltage. After start it would drop down to 30-41V until the truck warmed up. Truck ran great and the voltage would come back up to 48V after it was warm. Batteries were less than a year old. It was the FICM and was replaced. Works great now.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbarlow View Post
Mine just did the exact same thing after a long pull to yellowstone and back. Key on - good voltage. Start- good voltage. After start it would drop down to 30-41V until the truck warmed up. Truck ran great and the voltage would come back up to 48V after it was warm. Batteries were less than a year old. It was the FICM and was replaced. Works great now.
DAMN! That is what I was afraid of. I am going to try and get to the dealer today to have the batteries checked. If they are fine I am going to park the truck until I can get a swamps FICM ordered. SH!T FoouuCK pOOOOOp!!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I said the same thing. Better to replace a FICM for a few hundred than 8 injectors for a few thousand.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yeah, get it fixed/replaced before it leaves you stranded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.