Ford ESP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford ESP

Has anyone here purchased a Ford ESP warranty? I'm buying an 06 F350 with 45,000 miles. I can get a 3 year warranty for about $1400, which seems like it would pay for itself pretty quick if something went wrong. I've done a ton of reading on here about how to take care of the 6L, i used to be a mechanic, so I'm not afraid of the maintenance, but don't wanna pay $4000 if something is wrong with the truck right off. My origional plan was to buy it, do an EGR delete after I checked the temps to see what the EOT and ECT delta is and also flush the ford gold coolent out at the same time. But if i got the warranty i would imagine i would have to leave the EGR alone. The truck only has 45K and a clean oasis report so one part of me thinks it would be fine if i just delete the egr, change the coolant and run a mild tune. What are your thoughts? And for anyone who has purchased a warranty have you had any problems using it? Thanks in advance for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 04:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have one, it is a piece of mind. So far it had paid for about $700 worth of repairs. I have some engine work that will be needed later this year, I have already talked with my Service Manager and he said the engine has to come out. He is going to do all of the upgrades to it while the engine is removed, the labor will be under the ESP.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
esp

after purchasing esp ford put in 3 turbos egr and oil cooler under warranty well worth it
Old 07-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have ESP for my truck. It was nice to have when I had 4 injectors replaced in December.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would have gotten ESP if I wasn't already a ford tech. Granted it would have been nice to get paid to work on my own truck but I couldn't justify it.

kinda would have been nice to do the oil cooler, ficm, icp, and all the other **** I've done under warranty but that would have just driven our shops numbers up. I'm not greedy like that. they already got me the truck for wholesale price
Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Do they let you pick any ford certified repair shop?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Premium Member

I have a 2005 F-250. it's been in the shop twice for over $2,500.00 worth of repairs. I paid $2,000.00 for the warranty, so it paid off for me. Now that I'm out of that warranty it's time to "bullet proof" it.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well all i can say it is really worth it for the like of me who always tow something everyday. I am an everyday trucker with my ford. Its just like having a health card for your truck which means you don't have to worry much. it just gives me a peace of mind that my truck can be checked anytime i want because i payed for it. NO REGRETS on my part. Just like others who replied in here. just imagine how much ford parts nowadays.

Last edited by ronierogers; 07-23-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just got my truck back last week for replacement steering box & pitman arm (including flush of steering fluid), the turbo center housing (including updated drain pipe and STC fitting), and a new oil cooler and EGR cooler (including coolant flush & oil change). All for the cost of my deductible... $100.

Needless to say, I'm currently thrilled with the Ford ESP warranty!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to Stroked7.3
Just watch out what you do to the truck. I had one on an F150 and they turned around and gave me hell for leveling kit, oversize wheels and tires, exhaust and intake and cancelled practically my entire warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.