CCV mod - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CCV mod

I have read the post on this site and dont understand what this does for your truck.. I have not had any problems leaking oil is this still a good thing to do what will i gain by doing this.. I am new to powerstrokes sorry if this has been asked before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 06:39 PM

pm NCHORNET. Here's a thread on a little about it. pm for more info. I have his CCV mod and highly recommend it.

NCHornet/ccv mod
Old 07-04-2011, 06:41 PM

Cool CCV

There is a small amount of gas's and atomized engine that have to get out. Usually in a timely manor. That causes pressure inside the engine. Picture the bottom side of your piston and there acting like paracutes. Robs HP and despite what the Ford rep told me, the crap coming out of the CCV is not needed to lube the turbo. There are many ways to do this. Turn the breather around and hook 3/4 tube back then up around the master cyl. Tye it to the harness and run till the frame rail is flat. This is where mine is different. I used 3/4 conduit on down the frame and crossed over at the trans mount and picked up a bolt and clamp then to the exhaust. There I used a compression conduit and welded it into the exhaust at a 45dgree angle and button her up.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:41 AM

I'm using NCHORNET'S CCV mod too, I'm tickled to pieces, it works so well. I just saw my compressor blades on my turbo, spotless clean, no oil on my CAC couplers, no oil dripping down the engine. Never mind the sludge that ends up coating the inside of the intake manifold and intake ports on your heads, I was amazed by what it took to clean them when I did my EGR cooler delete. GET A CCV MOD!

Best $100. I've spent on the 6.0!

Last edited by DELTAJOHN; 07-05-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsmoker View Post
There is a small amount of gas's and atomized engine that have to get out. Usually in a timely manor. That causes pressure inside the engine. Picture the bottom side of your piston and there acting like paracutes. Robs HP and despite what the Ford rep told me, the crap coming out of the CCV is not needed to lube the turbo. There are many ways to do this. Turn the breather around and hook 3/4 tube back then up around the master cyl. Tye it to the harness and run till the frame rail is flat. This is where mine is different. I used 3/4 conduit on down the frame and crossed over at the trans mount and picked up a bolt and clamp then to the exhaust. There I used a compression conduit and welded it into the exhaust at a 45dgree angle and button her up.
I really like this idea, but what I would be concerned about is the conduit freezing up somewhere between the engine and where it goes into the exhaust. I live where we get very cold winters (-40 degrees, etc.) What are your thoughts on this?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by police251 View Post
I have read the post on this site and dont understand what this does for your truck.. I have not had any problems leaking oil is this still a good thing to do what will i gain by doing this.. I am new to powerstrokes sorry if this has been asked before.
The answer to your question is: In order for Ford to be emission compliant, they cannot vent the crankcase to the atmosphere. So it is vented to the air intake, right before the turbo. Well, the turbo sucks massive amounts of air, including air from the crankcase vent. With that air comes oil from the crankcase. It enters the turbo, gets compressed with the air, then sent to the intercooler where it tends to stay and pool, coating everything along the way(boots,pipes,etc.) It then gets pushed out of the intercooler and directly into the intake, and then into the cylinders where it is burned off.

So doing a CCV mod vents the crankcase to the environment or filters the oil out, then sends the air back to the intake. I know this all to well because my Lightning used to do the same thing.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 PM

I will have to look at this sounds like its a good mod to do.... Will i gain HP
Old 07-05-2011, 02:07 PM

I have looked all over and cant find a good write up on DIY for the CCV mod if you guys know where I can get one that would be awsome. I am sure its an easy job but dont know what to take apart and what to add hoses too....... Thanks for your help
Old 07-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

Thanks for the nice comments. I can promise you if I didn't feel this was the very best way to do the ccv mod it sure wouldn't be on my truck, and I sure wouldn't sell them to my friends on the forum.
The remark above about the Turbo needing oil from the crankcase made me stop and laugh a little. There is so much bs floating around and it is sad that some actually believe crap like this. Venting the CCV to the exhaust was one of the first methods that I began experimenting on. Let me say this as a warning to others THE POWERSTROKES ARE VERY SENSITIVE TO ANY TYPE OF BACKPRESSURE IN THE CCV. You wouldn't believe how many emails and PM's I get from folks trying to experiment and the results didn't turn out right, lol!!!! Back to the exhaust, I still feel that this is one of the best ways to vent the CC. The problem is that the bung on the exhaust has to be put in the exact location, at exactly the proper angle. I know which locations work the best and what angles work and which ones don't. I don't give these out because if it is off the slightest big problems arise. If the member above nailed on his first shot, he should run out and buy some lotto tickets, most aren't this lucky. I had a friend of mine who is a mechanical engineer who allowed me to borrow some very expensive machines that monitor pressure and air flow in general. So many variables affected venting to the exhaust I knew we needed to look else where. I now have over 900 units sold since 2003. They work, plain and simple. I try and make them affordable so everyone can afford it. I believe 100% that this mod is something all Powerstrokes will benefit from. I have seen people claim 2 more mpg after installing my mod and 50 more HP on the dyno, ok I am kidding about 50, maybe 25, lol!!!! This is not a performance mod, it is a maintenance mod and if your boots are blowing off at higher boost levels due to the boots being saturated with oil than I suppose you can call it a performance mod. But I don't make claims or promises that aren't true. Many people on this forum know me personally and know that I am into that crap. If anyone has further questions I will do my best to answer them for you. I can be reached directly at ccvmod@triad.rr.com.
God Bless
NCHornet
Old 07-05-2011, 02:11 PM

This is where I found it:

CCV Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.