Anyone work at a Ford Dealership? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone work at a Ford Dealership?

What is involved with changing the vehicle strategy on our trucks? I know a guy at the Ford dealer but he said he wouldn't trust the diesel guy there

What tool is used to do it? My VXCF7N3 is really crap on the mileage and I want to get it reflashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 07:20 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A ford dealer has do update the flash if your looking for the lastest, although some aftermarket people out there can update to a older flash. I for one have the lastest flash and love it. In my 2005 I pull 14.25mpg city and 17.5-18mpg hwy hand calculated and I have no complaints about power.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:26 AM

What is your strategy?
Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 AM

it's a vxcf9?? something I have it wrote down at home and can get it later for you.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You might consider having it flashed back to VXCF4 by Power Hungry as well. It's supposed to be the most power with the least amount of problems. Just a suggestion.

PS. It's my strategy.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 AM

How do you know what flash the truck has?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You have to use a diagnostic tool to pull your strategy. Most folks just use their SCT.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
You might consider having it flashed back to VXCF4 by Power Hungry as well. It's supposed to be the most power with the least amount of problems. Just a suggestion.

PS. It's my strategy.
I had a VXCF4 and went to the VXCF9 and I don't notice any power loss or MPG's but with the added features it was worth it to me.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U235a4 View Post
I had a VXCF4 and went to the VXCF9 and I don't notice any power loss or MPG's but with the added features it was worth it to me.
What extra features did you see? and what MPG are you getting?

I found someone with a VCM/IDS that can change the strategy for me, I need to know the best one.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyguy68 View Post
What extra features did you see? and what MPG are you getting?

I found someone with a VCM/IDS that can change the strategy for me, I need to know the best one.
as stated in my first reply I'm getting 14.25 city and 17.5-18mpg hwy. As for the feature here they are off the TSB.

2005 F-Super Duty 6.0L:

False DTC P0470 - Exhaust pressure sensor A circuit fault due to a freezing condition.
False DTC P0404 - Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) performance due to a stuck turbocharger condition.
Cooling loss protection - Revised engine protection strategy when an engine over-temperature condition is present. Vehicles updated with this service calibration will display higher temperature gauge readings when high engine oil temperature (EOT) conditions or high engine coolant temperature (ECT) are encountered and may disable EGR operation to prevent possible EGR cooler damage.
Oil cooler efficiency monitor - DTC P012F stored and wrench warning lamp illuminated when the oil coolers efficiency drops below a specified threshold for a given speed and vehicle load condition.
Turbocharger vane sweep strategy - Performs a sweep of the turbocharger vanes and unison ring during stationary idle conditions. Vane sweep can occur once per hour to help reduce turbocharger sticking.
FICM low voltage detection monitor - DTC P0560 stored and wrench warning lamp illuminated when PCM vehicle power (VPWR) parameter identifier (PIDS) is below 10.25V for 60 seconds or below 9V for 4 seconds.
Turbocharger over boost detection - DTC P0234 stored and wrench warning lamp illuminated when a turbocharger over boost condition occurs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.