Things I need to replace Oil cooler, EGR delete, Stand pipes, Rail plugs ETC. Help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Things I need to replace Oil cooler, EGR delete, Stand pipes, Rail plugs ETC. Help!

I have a couple boxes of parts waiting to be installed into my 2004 6.0.

Oil stand pipes, Rail plugs, New injector o-rings. Then on the oil cooler half. New oil cooler, intake gaskets, egr delete, coolant filter, turbo oil feed tube and return tube.

Still have to get the 4 gallons of rotella, along with 3 gallons of ELC coolant, plus water and vc9 to flush the coolant the crap out so it doesn't mess up my new oil cooler. I should do this before the tear down right?

Trying to get a list of tools I need, thread locker, anything I need for the gaskets, anti seize, since I don't have any of my own and they will all be borrowed mostly from my dad's tools he keeps at work, gonnna hopefully start to tear it down come tomorrow. As well as tools I can borrow here from my Continental Airlines haha.

Anything I can use for help is greatly appreciated. I have the 6.0 bible on my laptop. Just wondering if anything more in depth would help. Any threads for reference are good too.

This will be my first time actually working on my own vehicle and on top of that doing some larger fixes. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here you go, NYC F-350 even included PDF files in this nice package.
Oil cooler and EGR cooler service PDF files and notes
Old 07-07-2011, 10:10 AM

Just finished up last night, but now I can't get the truck to turn over. Batteries where a bit low, so I charged them up. The only codes I'm blowing right now are 2 egr codes for my non existant egr. And a p0231 code.

It is cranking but not turning over. Any ideas? Too much air in my fuel lines or something?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:15 AM
information regurgitator

Before lowering your new oil cooler into place, did you add almost a full quart to the HPOP reservoir (area under the screen)? If not it will take some extended crank times to fire it up.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 AM
information regurgitator

After posting, I went and looked up your code.
P0231: Fuel Pump Relay Driver Circuit Failure.

Check that the fuel filter housing if filling with fuel when you turn the key on. (your gonna need a helper for that one)
Old 07-07-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
Before lowering your new oil cooler into place, did you add almost a full quart to the HPOP reservoir (area under the screen)? If not it will take some extended crank times to fire it up.
Now that I didn't do. So just keep at it? Storming now. So I won't be able to mess with it for a bit.

P0231 Fuel Pump Fuel pump secondary circuit low Fuse, relay, inertia switch, fuel pump, open/short circuit. Would that by any chance cause an issue to starting her back up?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:24 AM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueftw View Post
Now that I didn't do. So just keep at it? Storming now. So I won't be able to mess with it for a bit.

P0231 Fuel Pump Fuel pump secondary circuit low Fuse, relay, inertia switch, fuel pump, open/short circuit. Would that by any chance cause an issue to starting her back up?
Yep, no fuel, no start. See above post about checking for fuel flow
Double check all the electrical connections you unplugged. I had a crapload of codes when I finished. Found that I did not get all the FICM plugs seated and locked in. Those plugs can be a royal pain in the arse.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
Yep, no fuel, no start. See above post about checking for fuel flow
Double check all the electrical connections you unplugged. I had a crapload of codes when I finished. Found that I did not get all the FICM plugs seated and locked in. Those plugs can be a royal pain in the arse.
Ya it was filling up fine, no idea what next. :/ Only plug I can think of is the plug for the EGR valve. I'll double check everything once this storm blows over.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Check your fuel reset button on the passenger side kick panel. When I did my egr delete and oil cooler I filled up the reservoir and it still wouldn't pop off so I pushed the fuel reset and it fired right up.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntersk2k5 View Post
Check your fuel reset button on the passenger side kick panel. When I did my egr delete and oil cooler I filled up the reservoir and it still wouldn't pop off so I pushed the fuel reset and it fired right up.
I'll have a look for that switch in a second.

Report back in a few!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coolant flush, egr delete, oil cooler, standpipe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.