Help help help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help help help

Driving home towing my boat yesterday with cruise on 70 when.....the truck misses and My Cts edge ficm voltage meter goes down to 34v.... I lost all power but was able to limp off the interstate....thing is...The volts on the ficm are now normal if I start the truck according to my cts...the truck has no power at all and can hardly get going to 20mph...it sounds friggin awful....I just put a swamps 58v ficm in my truck and have only put 400 miles on it.....there was and is no smoke coming out of my tailpipe so I don't think it is the injectors???? Really don't know...my engine is throwing all the ficm codes I was getting before I replaced my old original ficm...my ot and ct were at 196 and 192 when it happened....do you guys think it is my new ficm....I had to get my truck and boat towed 90 miles home aaa only covered my truck ....so I had to pay $3.30 a mile for my boat + a $65 hook up fee.....not a happy camper....The whole reason I got the new ficm was so this would not happen to me!!! The old one still worked fine once the truck warmed up.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Emergency Services

I would probably put the old FICM back on (if you still have it) and see how it runs. If the problem goes away you have your answer, if not keep looking.

I see that NYC is looking at this, he'll probably have a better answer than me!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Old one was sent in for the $350 core charge.......
Old 06-26-2011, 03:54 PM
information regurgitator

Check all the plugs that plug into the FICM. They can be a real bear at times to get fully seated and locked in. Having a Swamps FICM go bad is an EXTREMELY rare event.
If the plugs are fully set, check the black ground wire that is on the bracket. Make sure that is in one piece.

Failing those, call Swamps tomorrow morning.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Checked everything.....unplugged everything and plugged back in....nada....called swamps and they are sending me another to see if that indeed is the problem....I am getting the ficm codes on my edge cts...I have cleared them and they keep coming back....soooo...I suspect it is the ficm....by the way Dave at swamps was awesome....after all the stuff I have been reading regarding other shops and problems with customer service I feel compelled to give swamps a giant thumbs up....although if it is the ficm I am out a couple hundred for the tow home because of it's failure.....
Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anyone else have any ideas what it could be?? When I start it has a hard time even idleing and it sounds like only half of my engine is running....
Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well, did you try the ficm yet, and remember it is still mechanical parts they all fail. So ya it is a bummer that your out the few hundred dollars. It is probably the ficm, sense the ficm runs all of your injectors, if the ficm ends up being okiay, check the EGR valve. but i have a feeling its a ficm issue with ficm codes present
Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Sounds like you are right FICM. Subscribing to see if your new one will fix. Hope it does bro!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well put the new ficm in and now the truck won't even start.....I am at a loss....I have no idea what is wrong with my truck.....fuel pump? Anyone else have any idea what could be wrong?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The new ficm they sent me was a 48v.....I took it out and put the 58v back in and the truck starts.....still has no power and is throwing codes p0264 p0267 p0273 p0282 p1000
P2614
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.