code P0276 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 07:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
code P0276

06 f350
My engine light came on today and got a code of P0276. I just stopped at a rest stop after 150mi aprox. and returned on interstate when engine light came on. (left engine run while at rest stop--short stop). I took next off ramp and cleared code and engine light. I drove the rest the way home, another aprox. 150mi. without it returning.

I know it is 'Cylinder 6 Injector Circuit Low' So it had a injector issue. I did not notice any rough running issues at this time. It did idle rough before starting out on the trip but after fueling up-within 5 miles of starting trip it idled smooth.

Do I need to worry about the code or just wait and see if it returns since it did to return on the rest of the trip? I did check for codes when I got home, end of trip, and there was/is none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 02:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You need to check your FICM voltage key on engine off and while cranking the motor. It should NEVER fall below 45V at any time. If it does it needs repaired or replaced.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!

My 6.0 just did that at the #6 injector as well (same code.) If you can get your hands on some Rev-X oil additive, try that first. My injector was sticking and eventually stuck in the open position, beltching out white smoke at idle and black smoke on throttle (all throttle postions.) I just went ahead and replaced that injector. Runs great now! I'll be getting Rev-X to prevent the other injectors from doing the same thing.

Point is, it won't get any better... So try the Rev-X or replace the injector.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 PM

I got some Rev-X and put in plus changed the oil to T6 from T5. Now got 200-300 mile on oil change and Rev-X and code it returning and truck is starting to run rough. I have checked the voltage FICM with my gauge. I could get it to read as low as 40-44 after turning key on for a very short time, last month. But since it started to run rough this week it does not drop below 46. Durning start and running it is always between 47-49.

What about low fuel pressure? I read on here low fuel pressure can problems with some injectors. I do not believe my scan gauge will read fuel pressure.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you say 40V, your FICM is bad. T6 and RevX won't fix that.

The FICM is a computer- even if the FICM shows good voltage, it can still be bad. When it shows bad voltage, it is bad.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:33 PM

I found the #6 injector wiring harness connector disconnected. That fixed the rough running and getting the code. I also sent in my FICM in FICMRepair.com to fix. It was only a 5 day turn around time. Now it runs quiter. I have also order the 'blue spring' for the fuel regulator.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!

Glad to hear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.