Some Rev-X feedback - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 05:08 PM
NOT a Democrat

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Some Rev-X feedback

My mods are in my e-sig, no real pre-existing problems. A tiny bit of blue smoke during start up with my street tune. Also it took about 5 seconds to be 100% smooth. A I just changed my oil (still only with T6, next change is Amsoil). I dropped in two bottles.
  • Here is what I can notice:
  • Zero smoke at start up on street tune
  • Instantly smooth at start up and smoother durring warm up
  • Turbo seems to spool up quicker
  • Injectors noticeably quieter
  • Feels better during WOT hole shots

So that is just some feedback. I only did this to see if my tinny bit of not perfectly smooth would clear up and it did. I would assume if a truck had some injector issues, this would solve it! Seems like great stuff!

Last edited by Galaxie; 06-22-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Cant spell worth ****ttt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That stuff is good! Not to hijack though, I just put in some Hot Shot's Secret and it's noticeably different. I know that Rev-X is in high regard, I've tried that too when I first got the truck. 20,000 miles later I decided to use H.S.S and I'm sold on the stuff.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:47 PM
NOT a Democrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflan View Post
That stuff is good! Not to hijack though, I just put in some Hot Shot's Secret and it's noticeably different. I know that Rev-X is in high regard, I've tried that too when I first got the truck. 20,000 miles later I decided to use H.S.S and I'm sold on the stuff.
A good friend of mine was having a MAJOR issue with an injector. Hot shot fixed it about 90,000 miles ago.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That's what I immediately noticed using Rev-X. The turbo, injectors, and more importantly WOT response seemed almost 10 fold I too did that preventative, as I did this time with H.S.S. Again, I would put either Rev-X or H.S.S in my truck when it needed it. Probably going to continue to do it every 3-5 oil changes just to for peace of mind!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:26 PM
NOT a Democrat

Yea, I didnt know it was recomended 2 bottles when I ordered three. lol. So this time I put two in. I figure next change, no X. The one after that it will be cooling down here in Pittsburgh so I will put that other bottle in. (unless someone shows up with a chugging Powerstroke)

When I would buy parts for my Mustang back in the day (few years ago), I would end up selling them to firends who brought over busted up 5.0s.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just had a thought after reading through this post, does anybody know if it would be counter-productive to add more than 2 bottles of Rev-x to the oil? Curious if it would do anything if at all????
Old 06-22-2011, 09:47 PM

I have no idea, and I dont think it would be to be honest. Dan over at Rev X im sure thought of this and went through the testing. He recommends 8 oz and thats all I would put in. If you need more than two 4 oz bottles I say you got some other issues going on...
Old 06-22-2011, 10:41 PM

Glad to see your getting results Galaxie. How soon did you see changes? how many miles? I just did a service yesterday and added 2 bottles. Already have 200kms on the oil, no noticable results yet.

I've got injector stiction on cold start and attempting to start withought hitting the glow plugs is not an option (temp here is 20celsius)

Last edited by JefftheCanuck; 06-22-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:33 AM
NOT a Democrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefftheCanuck View Post
Glad to see your getting results Galaxie. How soon did you see changes? how many miles? I just did a service yesterday and added 2 bottles. Already have 200kms on the oil, no noticable results yet.

I've got injector stiction on cold start and attempting to start withought hitting the glow plugs is not an option (temp here is 20celsius)
I noticed on the 2nd start up. So, I would say around 30 miles? Remember, I didnt have any major issues. I know my friend who had major issues used Hotshot and it solved his problem around 2nd tank.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
I have no idea, and I dont think it would be to be honest. Dan over at Rev X im sure thought of this and went through the testing. He recommends 8 oz and thats all I would put in. If you need more than two 4 oz bottles I say you got some other issues going on...
Yea i don't, just was thinking out loud. Truck has never run so good, ever. I thought more about it after i posted and realized it would probably be more beneficial, and cheaper, to switch to synthetic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.