6.0 rough idle and smoke...Help!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 rough idle and smoke...Help!!

Hey ALL,

I need some advice/ help. this is my first post so please don't beat me up too bad.

I have a 2005 F250 lariat crew cab lwb, I live in Georgia and we haven't had rain until recently(it poured today). today while driving to work I went through a low area on my road. the ground is hard and was not absorbing the water so it pooled up quite badly. it was deep but the only way out of my neighborhood on my way to work. as I went through the water it got really deep in the center for being on paved road (14-16 inches if I had to guess) I hit the water at about 10mph and only gave it enough throttle to maintain that speed. the stretch of road was about 100yards. after I exited the water I noticed a tone of smoke pouring out of my tail pipe (not steam) and my truck had a terrible stutter to it. I gimped the last 1/2-3/4 mile to work and the problem never stopped. when I parked it I gave it a little fuel and noticed it got bad from 1000rpm up to 2000rpm. I didn't take it past that. I shut the truck off and am scared as to what im going to find when I finish this 12hr nightshift.

My question is: what could it be? My Truck has 100,500 miles on it, almost all stock. (egr delete/new oil cooler 500 miles ago, the damn cat ran away, and a muffler delete.) the Smoke was white like steam but bellowed out of the exhaust like a train the entire rest of the way to work. It was way more than water hitting exhaust. Did I mention she ran like doo doo? Any advice or things I should check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Maybe you got a lil water in the turbo.

I know this guys mudding but it was chuffin white and running like crap.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

wow. ok thats way outside of that i was doing. lol. i have the sctx3 im gonna see what i got for codes when i get home. hopefully its nothing that wont clear up when she dries out.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

FICM!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah sounded like you got water in the turbo / intake. Have you tested the FICM volts or was it just throwing a FICM code?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.