Head Studs & EGR Delete installed. Now got a small problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 12:47 PM
LawDog - Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Head Studs & EGR Delete installed. Now got a small problem

2006 6.0 Powerstroke CC 4X4 XLT 66,500 miles

Well just had new OEM head gaskets, APR head studs, new oil cooler, new updated HPOP filter screen, updated STC fitting, new updated standpipes & dummy plugs, and a Sinister EGR Delete installed a few days ago. The installation was done with the cab off. I left the EGR valve installed and plugged in. The truck runs good and no leaks have found or noticed. I do have a check engine light and a P0401 code and I understand it can be fixed with a SCT tuner, which Iím going to purchase along with MBRP 4Ē straight piped exhaust from Matt at Gearhead, but heís out of town and on the road at the moment.

The problem Iím having is a noise of some sort that is coming from the front drivers side area. The noise is heard sometimes when I make a right turn from a stop sign but not always. I also hear the noise every time I make the left turn into my driveway which is asphalt to gravel. I feel the noise as well in the brake pedal and steering wheel. The noise only is made for a quick few seconds. Sound like grunt type noise.

Things I have checked to try and locate the noise.

*Power steering Fluid (New installed Mercon V while putting everything back together from the above installation) Ė checked good, level on the dipstick was on the money
*Brake fluid - Checked good
*Neither exhaust pipe nor the Y pipe is touching anything. Checked this several times to make sure.
*All the front steering and suspension components where found in good shape.
*I did find a metal fluid line that is attached to the top brake master cylinder that is able to be wiggled a little bit. This hose is not leaking and couldnít be tightened. This hose is the nearest to the fire wall. I think the hose goes to the power steering but not sure.

For the past few months before the above upgrades the brake pedal was making a squeaking type noise when pressed. I donít know if the noise is related but when the truck is cold the brake pedal makes no noise but when the truck is ran and is at operating temp the brake pedal makes the noise. I tried to lube the shaft under the dash that goes from the brake pedal into the fire wall but it didnít help much. Again I donít know if this is related to the new noise I have now.

I only have about 60 miles on the truck since my upgrades where installed. Could it be air that in the steering system or something?

Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated. Hopefully I can get this fixed; I canít stand a noise that isnít supposed to be there.

Thanks to everyone on here that helps people like me that is not as knowledgeable on these trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2011, 01:53 AM
LawDog - Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone. Suggestions, guesses are all welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.