Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Edge EAS system

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  HeavyAssault 
#1 ·
just got an email that edge has released the 0-100psi pressure sensor.

So I got to pricing up things as I already have the CS monitor.

EGT sensor with EAS starter kit
Turbo Timer
EAS pressure sensor

total came to 457.00:crazy:

for now I might be sticking with the pillar gauges and CS cause thats alot of money

#2 ·
And you need the universal sensor input as well...

#3 ·
That's ridiculously expensive, Edge has pissed me off a lot recently. I have way too many reasons to show that they are money hungry pieces of crap. I hate that the only decent monitor is from Edge. :doh: Good thing I buy everything used, they haven't gotten a dime out of me, especially after some of the crap they pull.

#5 ·
I agree with what you're saying, I just wish Edge would treat people better and not be so money hungry. I've spoke with them for the past couple of days with them on the phone, and the way the handle things really makes them seem extremely money hungry. They said they couldn't just change the software on an Attitude CTS to change it to an Insight CTS, when the only difference is software. There is no hardware difference. They said I would have to pay $239 to "upgrade" to an Insight. :doh:

But the prices for the fuel pressure addition is just ridiculous. I'll stick with my DiPricol fuel pressure gauge. Heck you can get a full electrical fuel pressure gauge with all the fittings for 1/4 the price Edge is charging for the addition to the Insight. That's ridiculous, it should be cheaper to add on, not more expensive.

#6 ·
tell me about it, way back in 05' I bought all analog pillar gauges for my truck. Pillar, paint, all sensors, gauges was only like 330. Price is way to high.

So I'll stick with the 5 analogs and the CS monitor for now. I just thought it would be nice to lose all my analogs and gain a turbo timer with the edge system but not for 457.00.

#7 ·
Have you tried an Edge dealer? They're always going to be cheaper than going directly to the source

#8 ·
Those prices look like full retail.

#9 ·
Found all three in 5 minutes for 325. Still expensive for sure. The turbo timer is really expensive and I would never use it anyways.

#10 ·
Its all in what you're looking for.

Some folks like the single screen, and the latest and greatest tech out there. Edge is doing its best to make a product that works for that group of folks.

Personally, I like the look and reliability of actual gauges. I have and enjoy the features of my Edge Insight, but the only thing its hooked up to is the OBII port. All my important information is in hard-wired Autometers, electronics fail and eventually become obsolete (look at the legacy Edge units that are not being updated anymore). I don't think the price of the EAS setup is worth the investment.

#12 ·
I have a brand new edge EAS system that I don't need-I bought an attitude monitor, didn't realize it had the EAS integrated, so no I have a brand new EAS starter kit with pyro. Ill make you a good deal on it if interested.

#15 ·
go on ebay, buy ANY random juice module, and call edge. Get an RMA, give them a CC number, and they'll give you a BRAND NEW juice for 150 when they get yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.