Updated turbo oil feed line - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 04:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Updated turbo oil feed line

I have an '03 6.0 and from what I've read, to use the updated turbo oil feed line, I have to replace the oil cooler cover. So I was wondering if it's worth hunting down a oil cooler cover to use this line because I'm having a hard time even finding one. If so, where would I find one? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2011, 04:48 PM
information regurgitator

Actually, you may or may not need that oil cooler cover. The whole thing hinges on what cover is on your truck now.
Go out and pop the hood of your truck. Look at the connecting point for the turbo oil supply line at the oil cooler cover. Does it appear that there is a nut on the oil supply line at the oil cooler cover? Like the one pictured below?

If it looks like that pic, YES, you will need to replace your oil cooler cover to use the updated turbo oil supply line.
If it looks differently, with a collar on the line and that collar has a bolt going through it into the cooler cover, you will NOT need a new cover.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
only the early 03s had a quick connect
Old 06-23-2011, 05:08 PM

I checked mine and it does have the STC fitting. So, where can you buy just the cover, hopefully for a decent price?
Old 06-23-2011, 07:06 PM
information regurgitator

The STC fitting is on the High Pressure Oil Pump, below the HPOP cover. You would not be able to see it without disassembly.
What the picture above shows is the connecting point of the oil cooler cover to the turbo oil supply line on an early 03 engine.
If you have the same connection as pictured above, and you want to update your turbo oil supply line, you would need to replace the oil cooler cover. To do that you should just go ahead and purchase the whole oil cooler with the cover as an assembly. It would not make sense to buy the oil cooler cover to replace it solely for the purpose of updating the turbo oil line. Update the cover when you replace the oil cooler and get the turbo oil supply line update at the same time.
I think the cover adds somewhere around 150 bucks to the oil cooler (which is 213.84 @ Tousley Ford).
Old 06-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Well, the oil cooler was just replaced maybe 20,000 miles ago when the new heads and ARP head studs were installed so I really don't see a reason to replace it. What is the part number for just the cover? I can't seem to find it on Tousley's website. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:17 PM
information regurgitator

They won't have that part listed separately. You would have to call them about it (800) 328-9552.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Call Mike R. at Tousley, 800 328 9552, and ask for part # 3c3z6881ca. They call it an adaptor kit for the turbo oil feed, just got mine yesterday paid 170.50, and it comes with the new oil cooler cover and updated feed line and o rings.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So i bought a new oil cooler and cover for my 03 because i plan on doing head studs here shortly, the cover didnt come with the oil filter assembly attached so do i need to still buy 3C3Z-6881-CA to adapt over to this turbo line?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.