Beans Diesel Performance and the consumer work things out - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beans Diesel Performance and the consumer work things out

If you want to spend money with a shop that will not keep you updated on the progress of your build, will not complete work that is requested and remove it from the work order without informing you, will not return phone calls in a timely matter, and will not stand behind there work. This is the shop for you. If you have troubles with something they worked on they will avoid calls and not return calls especially when its going to cost them money.

I recently had new heads, oil cooler, egr delete, and studs. The work order requested a complete cleaning and flush of the coolant system. This item was completly deleted off the work order with out my knowledge. After picking up the truck I immediately notice oil temps are higher than expected and bring it to their attention which they say is normal to be running 12-15 delta with new cooler. I also have problems with beans putting to short of bolts into the heads for the exhaust manifold which pulled the threads out of my new heads. They fixed this issue but with heli coil which I wasn't to thrilled about but it will suffice. During this time I continually voice my concerns of the delta continuing to become higher and higher. After the delta has reached 25-30 on a 90deg day. They told me to bring the truck back own my dime and they would inspect everything and install new cooler. I take a day off work bring them the truck and all they do is inspect it and tell me ever thing is fine with the cooler and they are not going to put a new one in. They noticed the water pump had some wear on it. I inform them to replace the pump. They charge me an hour labor for water pump plus cost of pump and also 2 hrs for diagnosing high oil temp. I leave the shop headed the 6 hrs back home and oil temps are down to 15 delta for a short while but then climb back to 40 to 50 (ect 192-196 eot 230-45) at 70mph. I make it less then half way home and the truck dies anti freeze pouring out and shorted electrical system. The culprit was an improperly mounted fan clutch wire that got into the fan busted radiator, broke fan clutch and blew multiple fuses.

It is now 11pm in middle of now where stranded. I tow the truck to ford place and get dad to come get me. I call that night and leave a message. Monday was a holiday so tuesday at lunch I still have no returned call. I call and leave another message that gets returned a few hrs later. I tell them what happened what was broke and how it happened they say not our problem trucks break everyday. They have failed to return several messages and emails.

The total repair cost was $1370, $200 in diesel, $60 hotel and I still have delta's of 40 to 50 they say that's normal which we all know it isn't.

So if you want to deal with a shop who will not stand behind their work, return phone calls, and say 235+deg oil unloaded is normal the beans diesel performance in woodbury, TN is your shop
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Holy **** batman!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:45 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
glad i read this i was thinking bout some bean tunes guess who im going with php out of ga
Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 AM
assistant director

Sorry to hear that.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:52 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

wow, this sucks. I have not heard a bad thing about Ryan until this point. I hope they can work something out with you.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:05 PM

Im not a angry guy but after all that work and he says "trucks break every day"......Yeah id be looking to ring somebodies neck thats for sure. Good luck guy, crappy situation.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That sucks for sure. This is the first negative post I've seen about Beans. I'd like to hear that side of the story as well.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 AM

Hate to hear about this. Sorry for your troubles, I have been to Beans a few times and not had any trouble. I can call and usually get an answer by the afternoon or next morning at the latest. Maybe it will get worked out for you.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
+1 for beans-I bought a set of there injectors second hand, had some issues and called up. The guys didn't have to, but spent there time telling me all about them, and helping me diagnose my problems.

I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction, Good luck!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:23 AM

subscribed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.