Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Dec 2009
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brake Pads Thin ... Lookin for Experiences
So at 44K miles, my front pads are getting pretty thin. I think I'm going to take the opportunity to change my rotors & pads all the way around, flush the brake fluid, as well as replacing my paint-flaking fake Rancho shocks with the real thing.
I've decided to go back with Motorcraft stuff, but there appear to be two types of pads available ... a "standard" pad & a "super duty" pad that is painted blue. Any suggestions on these and/or experiences with how bad either of these dust?
Also, the service manual suggest replacing the brake caliper anchor plate bolts (front only, no such mention for the rear). Is this "really" necessary, like would the dealer do this? There are also similar instuctions for the shock nuts/bolts.
Here's my shopping list so far:
- Rancho RS5000 Front #RS5042 x2
- Rancho RS5000 Rear #RS5254 x2
- Rancho RS5000 Stabilizer #RS5413 x1
- Motorcraft Rotor, Front SRW 4WD #BRR-158 x2
- Motorcraft Rotor, Rear SRW 4WD #BRR-142 x2
- Motorcraft Disc Pad, Front Standard #BR-1069 "or" Super Duty #BRSD-1069
- Motorcraft Disc Pad, Rear Standard #BR-1068 "or" Super Duty #BRSD-1068
2006 Ford F-250 Super Crew Lariat FX4 6.0L PSD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.