Higher mileage 6.0's (100k +) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Higher mileage 6.0's (100k +)

I'm getting close to cresting that 100k mark. Right now I'm at 91,xxx. I take really good care of my truck and have done all the preventative maintenance, studs, EGR delete, oil cooler rebuild, HPOP fitting replacement, consistent with fluid changes, ect.

My Premium care extended warranty goes out at 103k which I plan on adding the next warranty I can after that. I just get nervous when I start getting into those higher miles. What do I need to look at soon? I plan on changing both diff fluids and trans case fluid next week.

When do I really need to start worrying about the engine and trans as far as mileage go?

Thanks in advance,
Jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

We have a truck that does hot shot work for us at my job. It is a 2004 F250 with the 6.0 and automatic trans. It is approaching 300,000 miles and runs and drives as good as my 2006 6.0 with 70,000. The only issues the truck has had thus far is an egr/oil cooler replacment as well as a couple of injectors.

I think with proper maintenance these diesels can go a long long time!

I'm thinking about taking my truck off the road shortly and buy a new 5speed fiesta for a work car and keep the Superduty in the garage since it's still in great shape.

I LOVE these trucks!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:24 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I agree proper maintanance. I have 165k on mine and there is always at least a 12k trailer behind it. It runs great
Old 06-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

as long as you have taken care of it it wil go and go for a very long time i have a 7.3 with just over 500k and a 6.0 with 175k both are strong runners and trust eather one on drive from coast to coast i have not had a warranty on eather one for a few years just take care of it and you will be happy the few problems you may have will be cheaper then keeping a warenty on it all the time

and im a repo man so i roll around in the inner city mostly very little hwy

Last edited by jscho302; 06-01-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd love to hear stories of high mileage 6.0 motors, and their service history. For what I paid for this truck I need to drive it for at least the next 10 years!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.