power windows fuse - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
power windows fuse

I have an electrical problem with my power windows fuse. If anyone knows this fuse/relay (silver) under the drivers side knee bolster keeps blowing/resetting itself. I mean the fuse gets really hot and when I remove the fuse and let it cool down and I put it back the windows will work for a couple of minutes and the again will get hot and blow. I have never had any electrical problem before this.

Anyone ever have a short or any power window fuse blowing problem and found a fix?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2011, 04:18 PM

I had the exact problem with my '05. Does it do it when only the master switch can operate the windows or does it do it no matter what position the lock out switch is in? mine did it only when anyone could use the windows, but when i engaged the lockout switch it would be fine. I did find out what it was after many attempts to diagnose. It was the passenger rear door window wiring, it was completely stretched and frayed like someone pulled it apart and fanned the copper. It had only one strand making the connection, i bought the truck used but it only had 40k and nothing on the oasis showed it was in for that. I put it together with a butt connector and heatshrink and rewrapped the harness. I hope this helps.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:52 PM

Additional info. I reinserted the fuse with the drivers door open, windows all worked fine. I was touching the fuse while the ignition was turned on .... fuse did not warm up, windows all worked fine. I put my hand on the wire harness that leads from the door to the pillars, grabbed it hand twisted it back and forth, up and downnnnnnnnn....thats when I heard a spark (I think). I turned the ignition off right away and pulled the fuse. I unplugged the harness from the pillar and looked over all the pins..(they all looked good and firm). Replugged it back in and all fine. Again I pulled it back and forth ... up and down. Still fuse ok and did not heat up. Need to find out what and how to fix it properly so it doesn't happen while it's raining and I loose the ability to close the windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.