Stategy Codes?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stategy Codes??

Are there certain factory updates a guy should stay away from, or are the newest flashes good to have?

Does anyone know what each update does? When I first got my truck I had the VIN ran to check for warranty work done on it. It had 2 interior repairs and an update for hard starting.

My truck is going to the dealer tomorrow for new clutch packs in the rear end, I am just curious if should get updated?

My strategy codes on my truck right are:
VXCF9H7
TQCK0HZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 07:41 PM

I'd like to know this too. I have been told my stategy is really old (VXCF4A3).
Also, I have heard that the newer flashes the truck loses power and mpg, is this true.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, Just thought I would add a couple questions to it.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 07:46 PM

I have the VXCF4H2 on my 06. That is what Bill at PHP flashes the trucks back to. He says the VXCF4 is one of the best.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 PM

No worries about the hijack!!!! I just want to know what is best before I get my gearhead tunes.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:14 PM
back to business

Quote:
Originally Posted by 403Grizz View Post
Are there certain factory updates a guy should stay away from, or are the newest flashes good to have?

Does anyone know what each update does? When I first got my truck I had the VIN ran to check for warranty work done on it. It had 2 interior repairs and an update for hard starting.

My truck is going to the dealer tomorrow for new clutch packs in the rear end, I am just curious if should get updated?

My strategy codes on my truck right are:
VXCF9H7
TQCK0HZ
You have the newest strat. You could look into a roll back from PHP, if you wanted to change to an older strat. I have VXCF9 and have no problems with it. I previously had VXFC4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Addict View Post
I'd like to know this too. I have been told my stategy is really old (VXCF4A3).
Also, I have heard that the newer flashes the truck loses power and mpg, is this true.
That's a good one, I'd keep it. As majek5 said, that's what guys are "rolling back" to.

As for the newer strats, I didn't notice a loss of power or MPG when I went from VXCF4 to VXCF9 , but every truck responds differently. I've heard others say they saw a loss of MPG, that's the big complaint.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:27 PM

Thanks Outlaw! The reason i asked is I called vivian to have a looney file made for my truck and she said that they couldn't write a tune at this time becasue they update their programs to work with the newer flashes and becasue my strategy was too old. I emailed her and she said she could write a tune but it just wouldn't be as powerful as it could be. Thats all!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:06 PM

Thanks Outlaw, as for the MPG I am very happy with my truck. Using the Ford Cetane my mixed driving my comp reads 13-15, highway 17-19. I am happy with that, it is a 1 ton. I used to drive a 2500 mega cab gas, that baby liked her fuel!!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:03 AM
The Silent Service

The only strategy to keep clear from is the VXFC7, its a FICM killer from what I can tell. The newest VXFC9 has a few good points to it, first a CEL for a ECT/EOT delta of 15* at temp, and the cycling of the turbo vanes at idle. The older tunes did seem to do better with fuel mileage, however, if you're going to run a tune you'll get that right back.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:08 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Vxcf9 is fine. Its got nice features. A little MPG loss stock. But a custom tune solves that.

If vxcf4 had the vane sweep and ECT EOT delta codes that would be bad *** though
Old 05-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Emergency Services

Ok, I just got my first diesel a few weeks ago and haven't searched this yet (I've been searching and reading everything oil and coolant related and haven't got this far yet) but how do you know which flash you have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.