Oil under turbo... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 126
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil under turbo...

I have some oil laying under my trubo on teh top of the engine. it doesn't seem like a lot but it looks like it's been doing it for a while. I checked the oil level and it's good.

The oil is right under the turbo. Could it be an oil feed or return line for the turbo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Warren, Oregon
Posts: 1,515
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui272 View Post
I have some oil laying under my trubo on teh top of the engine. it doesn't seem like a lot but it looks like it's been doing it for a while. I checked the oil level and it's good.

The oil is right under the turbo. Could it be an oil feed or return line for the turbo?
What do the boots look like because oil will go through them i just got new one from http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...S&Category=616
almost had to take out a bank but it's only $$$$ and a one time deal
2 stroker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 126
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 stroker View Post
What do the boots look like because oil will go through them i just got new one from http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...S&Category=616
almost had to take out a bank but it's only $$$$ and a one time deal
2 stroker
i'm assuming your talking aout the blue boots. They are pretty nasty looking. i did poke around a good bit at them to see if there were holes or anything in them and i didn't see anything.

i was looking under the hook because i wanted to clean it up good and i noticed the oil under the turbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Powerstroke Techie

 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sassamansville, Pa
Posts: 9,729
Thanks: 90
Thanked 188 Times in 151 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui272 View Post
i'm assuming your talking aout the blue boots. They are pretty nasty looking. i did poke around a good bit at them to see if there were holes or anything in them and i didn't see anything.

i was looking under the hook because i wanted to clean it up good and i noticed the oil under the turbo.
You don't need holes in the boots to get oil, the oil soaks thru the boots enough to create drips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 666
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Funny this topic comes up. I just noticed that on my rig too. Found that it was oil coming from the boot just outside of the turbo.

Now I'm more seriously thinking about that CCV mod! I hate oil leaks of any kind! argh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 4,260
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
One way to find the leak is to wash the engine with purple power. Then watch for a leak to appear as you use the truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors