$13,161.37 to fix my blown up 6.0 read up! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
$13,161.37 to fix my blown up 6.0 read up!

so alot of you have read the issues i have been having with my truck and the shop thats doing the work. well we finally got everything all torn down and found out the bad lifter destroyed my cam, had to yank the motor out of it to pull the cam and **** wouldnt you just know it the crank has 37 thousandths play in it. so after everything that i have been through its going to cost me $13,161.37 to be back out on the road again. on an 06 with almost 200,000 miles on it, that i owe 17 grand on, thats worth 21,000 retail and 12,000 if i trade it. can you say skooter got proper ****ed?
so im going to put a whole new motor in it, and drive the sob til the wheels fall off wich better be around 750,000 miles! this is all tacked on to a 10,000 dollar wedding i get to pay for by august, and all the other **** you have to have to live on. with everything going on this damn truck it better last or i will be bankrupt. here is a link to my other thread so if none of this makes any sense to you you can get brought up to speed.
Well I think I Finally blew it up
so anyway i ordered the motor today im looking a week for it to be built, a week for it to ship a week to put it all back together. so im going to sit around and do **** all til it gets done in a month. that month is also added to the 18 days i have already been out. no rental, no nothing just grandpas old pos single cab v10 dually dodge with no ac or heat and a radio that dont work. im about to break this is so ******* frustrating.
any advice on what to do while its this far torn apart is greatly appreaciated.
itll have studs, egr delete, and a few other little doodads to keep it from breaking again... laters

Last edited by Rob; 05-25-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 11:37 AM

Ouch man that sucks. Look on the bright side, at least you'll know all the guts are good to go for the future.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:41 AM

Sorry to hear that definitely wouldn't wish it on anyone
Old 05-23-2011, 11:43 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
your studding and deleting the motor again right?

that sucks to hear man. any guess on when you'll have your truck back.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:16 PM

it will be studded and deleted along with brand new heads, the motor im getting comes with everything except injectors, oil cooler and turbo,
i score having the external oil cooler, a fairly new 03 turbo ive only had for a month, just got 4 new injectors and there going to throw the other 4 in for free becuase of all the bs thats gone down so ill have a new motor with 8 new injectors, upgraded ficm, and all the typical 6.0 bull**** done away with... the trans is built in my truck along with the front end just been gone through and a solid truck around it so really the only thing with all those miles will be the frame and such. so this thing better last me a long time after this just for the fact im about to be beyond buried in this thing with no other option than to drive it for the next 6 years. good thing i love this truck!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003kingranch View Post
your studding and deleting the motor again right?

that sucks to hear man. any guess on when you'll have your truck back.
hopefully will have it back before the end of june but i doubt it by the way this shop works... its been there for 18 days already and they treat me like my truck is second priority to everything else there and im paying about 13times what all those other dudes are paying for the light work on there trucks... youd think there would be some level of kiss *** there but not really im not going to throw there name out there and burn them til my trucks done though because well if they make things the way there supposed to i wont burn em but if it ends up being what i think they will get burnt here, the nation, diesel bombers, ford-trucks.com, yellow pages.com as well as whatever comes up on google about them. well see what they do. it seems like they make it right one day and try to screw me the next... ah well. well cross that bridge when we come to it.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I probably would have gone with one of these. I take it back and apologize for posting about these dirt bags. I wouldn't do business with them or recommend anyone else do so either. Thanks for the heads up NYC F-350.

03-07 6.0L FORD POWERSTROKE STAGE II CRATE MOTOR -

Last edited by PGreenSVT; 05-23-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 PM

for that kind of money you could have turned that truck into an awesome CR cummins powered beast.

I love my 6.0 but if it ever got to that point for me, shes turning into a Fummins.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:56 PM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I probably would have gone with one of these.

03-07 6.0L FORD POWERSTROKE STAGE II CRATE MOTOR -
I have never heard anyone actually getting one of those engines. Hear a ton of complaints about that company. Not answering phones, not responding to e-mail, not responding to anything period.

My condolences to the OP, that has to hurt. Hope this fixes everything once and for all. Best of luck to you.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM

Do you know what caused this catastrophic failure or just "chit happens"? I mean to me....I would personally expect these motors to run strong way past 200k. Don't laugh....but I have a Mercury mini-van with 316k original miles and she runs as good today as the day I bought her new 18 years ago (knock on wood).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.