Gauges and other questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauges and other questions

Im pretty sure im going to be buying a 6.0 soon but had a couple of questions, when i buy the truck im going to do an egr delete and coolant flush. my question is am i going to need a tuner after i do the delete kit the truck is an 04' also i was wondering what the best option for gauges would be i was looking into the edge cs, Scangauge II, SCT livewire and the SCT x3 and sf3. i was wondering if these devices will be able to do the job of monitoring ECT,EOT, and fuel pressure. or am i better of getting anolog gauges for the EOT, ECT and fuel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdPowerstroke1995 View Post
Im pretty sure im going to be buying a 6.0 soon but had a couple of questions, when i buy the truck im going to do an egr delete and coolant flush. my question is am i going to need a tuner after i do the delete kit the truck is an 04' also i was wondering what the best option for gauges would be i was looking into the edge cs, Scangauge II, SCT livewire and the SCT x3 and sf3. i was wondering if these devices will be able to do the job of monitoring ECT,EOT, and fuel pressure. or am i better of getting anolog gauges for the EOT, ECT and fuel.
The '04's don't set off a CEL when deleting the EGR cooler. You will get a code, but the CEL won't come on. If you do a EGR cooler delete, leave the EGR valve plugged in electronically. You can leave the EGR valve in it's original location, or use the cap provided in the delete kit and tie up the valve to the side.

For gauges, the ScangaugeII will monitor everything you want except fuel psi and EGT, So you'll have to buy analog gauges for them. If you want a monitor that will watch every thing, then the CS/CTS is the way to go as long as you get the expandable unit for fuel psi and EGT.

You will need to make a decision on what's cost effective. The price of the ScangaugeII and add the cost of fuel psi,EGT,pillar mount,sending unit adapter, and paint for the pillar mount. Now compare the price of the CS/CTS with expandable accessories for EGT and fuel psi, along with pillar mount and paint.

Forget about the Livewire, it's out dated and won't monitor as much than the scangaugeII or CS/CTS. Most go with the X-3 with customs and a CS/CTS as a package deal from Stealth Diesel. Again, find what is most cost effective for you.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

will the x3 monitor everything i need to watch also?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdPowerstroke1995 View Post
will the x3 monitor everything i need to watch also?
It won't read EGT,fuel psi,FICM volts and some others. It will do EOT and ECT but only after you set up liveload and change the PID's on the device. The X-3 read out is REAL small when it comes to watching the temps and driving down the road. It like trying to read the Sunday paper while driving, not too safe.

Also, everytime you go to drive the truck you got to take the time to plug back in and bring up the saved settings.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the truck has 3 gauges already not sure what they are yet i forgot to ask but i figured its egt boost and fuel since the truck is a stick so im thinking ill do a scangauge since i dont need any tunes yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.