Need Help Again Please Read - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need Help Again Please Read

Ok so just found out i have a week left on my powertrain warranty. Now how can I get away with getting it covered. If I pull the raptor fuel pump, coolant filter, regulated fuel return and put my sct tuner back to stock. Can i get away with it. Thanks only a few days left please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

oh by the way having a noise out of my exhaust
Old 05-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im pretty sure the tuner will show a gap in the ECM, so when they plug it in the data log will be blank. Which means they will know.

Last edited by Rotbody; 05-19-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So your asking for help on how to have Ford foot the bill even though you might have put the aftermarket parts on knowing that it could void your warranty. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers, but it's just not right.

Have your talked to the service manager about your mods? Some dealers are mod friendly than others.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
\Have your talked to the service manager about your mods? Some dealers are mod friendly than others.
This is the biggest thing, some wont warranty it no matter what, I have even seen it down to the oil filter cap. Some wont mind if it has a tuner or exhaust on it....Its all in what places are more laid back. Some say if they find out that THAT specific part is the cause, they wont warranty it.

3 of my buds are ASE ford techs and work on diesels everyday. They specifically went to a Ford training class for the snow over jobs people were pulling on the dealership with warranty claims.

I remember one of them telling me a story about a guy with propane, nitrous, and stacked chips ripping it all off and coming in for warranty work when the piston left the block. He said he was just driving down the highway. lol.

With a problem like this, its all in the dealer.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok i dont know what to do im stuck between a rock and a hard place and just want ford to cover for there mess up. Im not some guy like you described rotbody. I follow my maintencce schedule meticiously, dont race it or beat on it. Just did my mods for reliabilty and towing. If ford had put out a truck that they stood behind they would have taken care of us, Not screw us like there doing on the 6.0. We have paid thousands of dollars for a truck thats reliable and I dont believe in having to deal with truck down time just cause ford wont own up to there mistake. But anyway after my angry rant will ford know. Also I dont think ford can deny a claim unless they can prove it caused the failure under the Magnuson Moss Waranty Act.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:33 AM

If its an engine problem, the first thing they will point to will be the tuner. And while maybe they can't prove that the tuner is what caused it, good luck proving that it didn't. It a coin toss on this one. You knew it was a gamble when you modified the truck. Read the specifics of your warranty. Not saying that I am on Ford's side, but if they covered every problem on a modified vehicle, they would be bankrupt. Sorry, and best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.