whats a good EOT and ECT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
whats a good EOT and ECT

So my gauges are up, fuel pressure, eot, and ect. Got the adapter and sending unit for water temp installed on block. Pulled factory bolt and tje most disgusting coolant I have ever seen came out and of course I took a bath in it. Smelt sour but got it all back together and coolant temp was running about 191 on average . Highest was 193. Curious what my oil will be when its hooked up. The coolant has never been changed one time in this thing lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The EOT should never be higher than 15* above the ECT, after the truck is at operating temp (186-190*), and be cruising on a flat highway at about 65mph. If the delta is more, your oil cooler is toast
Old 05-17-2011, 11:15 AM
The Silent Service

Your coolants the right temp, if its been changed once on an '04 I would recommend getting it flushed. The new spec from Ford now is 50K miles on Ford Gold Coolant.

And your oil shouldn't be more than 15* above your coolant at operating temp running 65 mph. That's the baseline measurement to the health of your oil cooler.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thanks. It was wrecked in 06 but didn't do any damage to motor. Cousin bought it after it was wrecked and he never changed it and I haven't either. I want to switch to elc but just kinda waiting on the egr delete and oil cooler depending on its condition because I'm gonna have to drain it anywyas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.