tuning truck to stock - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
tuning truck to stock

hey guys, been a while since ive been on here. Ive been super busy at work and chasin gobblers in my spare time. My brother just bought an 03 6.0 and the guy he bought it from says it may possibly be tuned already and did not include a tuner/programmer for putting it back to stock. Driving the truck it feels like it may have a mild tow tune, nothing crazy. My bro wants to put a tuner on it but i told him we need to make sure its set to stock first before we go stacking programs and get into some trouble. Ive got an x3 but im scared if i hook it to his truck its gonna lock my x3. is there any way to tell if its stock without taking it to the dealer. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would play it safe, its only $100 to get the truck flashed at the dealer to the latest programming (dont worry with the mpg loss etc it will be recovered with the new tuning)

Its honestly your safest bet, then he can start fresh and throw a custom tune in there

just my opinion though
Old 05-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Premium Member

that sounds like a good idea, im not sure what flash is in it now but im sure its not the most updated one.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that can be a good thing! But if it has a bullydog or something of the like in there trying to reflash with a SCT will cause problems with screwing things up. Its worth it to just get it reflashed at the dealer and start fresh
Old 05-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Premium Member

I know that the new flash has some updates that really help out with cold weather starting, smoothing out the idle, and a few other things that are really beneficial but i have heard that the newest flash really takes away fuel mileage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.