NYC and PGreen, thanks for the posts, I've read a lot of your posts on the forum and found a lot of great info.
So here's where I'm at now for a work list;
1. The oil cooler - I'm 80% sure it will be BPD's delete and cold weather package.
2. The EGR cooler - BPD's, I want to keep it on the truck cause you never know, I may need to sell it or emissions check it in the future.
3. STC fitting - I'm in there so if it's not done it will be.
4. Fuel pressure spring - again since I'm in there.
5. Turbo drain tube - Another one of those 'If you're there you might as well' updates.
6. Serpentine belt - It's squealing sometimes so I'll check all the pulleys and put a new belt on.
7. Clean the EGR valve, turbo and intake manifold.
8. Coolant and Thermostat - Flushed and changed to ELC. There is a lot of debate over doing this or not doing this. From what I can figure out there is nothing in the CAT EC-1 rated coolant that will harm the motor so it makes sense to do it. Question, how often are guys changing and flushing the ELC? I know the Ford Gold should be done every couple of years but haven't seen much on the ELC.
9. Oil - I'll be switching to the Rotella synthetic oil.
So while I'm working and spending money
what else should I be looking at? Dummy plugs, stand pipes, IPR, and why should I be looking at them? I'm still trying to research this stuff and put a parts list together. If only I was retired.
I've decided I'm not going to do the 6.4 banjo's, I don't think it's necessary based on what I've read. Maybe for those who are going to tune and run the truck hard but I'm not going to tune it and won't be at WOT very often and not for more than a few seconds, I don't think the 6.0 bolts will starve the injectors. I've also read somewhere about the check valves in them and why they are there, I'm still trying to find that again! Someone correct me if I'm wrong or have something mixed up!
(It happens often) and I've read and learned so much in the last 3 months it's a wonder my head hasn't exploded!