6.0 Help Please ??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
6.0 Help Please ???

A couple of months ago on my 6.0 started hearing this noise. Thought nothing of it cause had my guy run the ford software from obd2 port and all injectors were good etc. He said it was in the exhaust somewhere but not to worry. Now my trucks acting up dosnt have the same power runs a little rougher and still have the noise. Heres what I checked or changed new straight pipe, ficm voltage,oil, both fuel filters, tunning shuts egr off, fuel pressure is at 60psi. I dont know ive heard valve, stuck valve spring, rocker arm. Heres the link Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2011, 01:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sure Sounds like you got a valve messed up but i am by no means an expert good luck
Old 05-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

sure hope they can fix it with out pulling my head and studs
Old 05-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

bump........
Old 05-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

my buddies 05 king ranch sounds like that... its got 187000 on the clock we cant figure it out either.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea no one seems to know does your bodies have power loss
Old 05-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Wow, that does sound rough when you hear it thru the exhaust. Does it have a definite miss to it, not just at idle but thru the whole rpm range? Does it ever smoke at all? I've seen the rocker arms crack, causing them to get a pretty hard miss to them. What's weird about that though is it's usually accompanied with some pretty good white smoking, seeing as the injector will still be spraying fuel, but due to the rocker being broken it's not firing well.

Anything like that should have logged you an cylinder misfire code. Recheck your codes and see if it has one logged. Then I would pull the valve cover on the hole that is lists. Pull your high pressure oil rail and check the rockers. If nothing is found there I would do a compression test next.

If it's just a rocker it won't be that bad to fix. You haven't had the intake off recently have you?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I pulled the intake pipe from the filter to the turbo when I put in a new turbo the other day and they listened in the pipe to see if I heard it there and I do thats why I thought it was in the valve train. I thought like u said though maybe a stuck valve or burnt (hope not), rocker arm or cam follower. I dont know but Im not really driving it till I find out.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Yeah, I wouldn't drive it either. That sounds pretty rough. What happened to your old turbo? It didn't blow apart did it? You might be lucky and it's just the rocker arm. They can sound pretty goofy when this happens. Check the codes and see if it's logged a cylinder fault for one of them. This will give you a good place to start.

Is it missing bad like it's down a cylinder? If it is the other way to check this, if it hasn't logged a individual cylinder fault, is to get a cylinder cutout test done. Cut out the injectors one at a time. If you get a cylinder that doesn't change the way it's running when you cut it out that's your problem hole. Start there.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No just tokk the old turbo out to clean it and put my 06 stock back. should my sct xcal2 pick up a code or not thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.