What you like about your 6.0. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 04:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What you like about your 6.0.

Well, Ive been doing a lot of reading on the 6.0, and on the forums you get a lot of problems, well I want to hear some good things. I love the look of the 05-07 Superdutys, and might be in the market for a new used truck in a few months. Just want to hear some positive about the 6.0.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Everything, for me I especially like the clatter. The last of the clattering diesels in a light duty pickup.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:37 PM
The Silent Service

There are issues concerning the 6.0L, but fortunately they're well documented and the aftermarket responded. I would defiantly advise you to look at the '05-'07, particularly trucks built after Jan '06 (last of the updates at the factory). If you've done the research you know what to look for to prevent issues.

I ordered my 6.0L straight from the factory after a military deployment, I was stationed in CT and none of the dealerships around had a dually. This was my dream truck, though I didn't know much about the issues with the 6.0L until recently. I test drove the Dodges, and Chevys. This truck was better in almost every respect. The 6.0L has a ton of power, over the 7.3L.

I just put the tuner in my truck, and she's a completely different beast now. I've never been stranded, even when the gaskets blew a couple months back. (I have a monitor now, and I won't allow that situation to happen again). Biggest load I've hauled was just over 8K, and I take good care of this truck.

You'll be able to find a good one, and with the history of the 6.0L you may even find a real good deal. I'm very happy with the truck, plenty of power and with the TowBoss Package on mine, I have the highest GCWR of diesels those model years. I wouldn't trade mine for anything else on the road.

Last edited by colo_dually; 05-12-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:39 PM

I won't lie I have had some issues. But I love the way mine tows. The interrior comfort and the rugged exterrior look (with a few accessories). With some proper maintenance, I believe they have the pontental to run for years to come.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Premium Member

^^^ Everything he said. Do the mods to help fortify it, keep a good maintenance program including coolant flushes (whether you keep Ford Gold or switch to ELC... your choice) and you should have no issues. I would check to make sure the particular truck you may look at isn't a lemon so try to get an Oasis Report. I love my 6.0 and plan on driving it beyond 300,000 miles.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:44 PM

I was in the same boat.

I drank the Kool Aid. I am now wondering what the hell I got myself in to.

I thought I knew a good bit about the 6.0 liter quirks, but think again.

Been around many 12v Cummins and a 7.3 Early 99 F250 that I ran to 180k miles.

Don't regret the newer truck so far. It is a great clean truck with enough miles to know it runs but not enough to affect the value. Clean Oasis.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
05-07 was the best looking of the light duty trucks
Old 05-12-2011, 04:58 PM

I love my straight pipe turbo whistle
Old 05-12-2011, 05:12 PM

I like the fact that I can tow my RV without any worries. It has lots power and fuel consumption has been great. I have been towing with it programed for 4 years now, and it can haul a house. I love my 6 Speed standard tranny.
I only had one diesel automatic and got rid of it due to transmission worries.
Problems have been handled and like any old truck it requires attention. Will have this one a long time yet.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well there is the body is the best lookin imo, I love turbo whistle and just how the truck runs in general. Had mine for 2 months now. Bought it with 39k has 41k now. First thing I did added a CTS, then ELC coolant swap and a coolant filter. Got my bases cover and then added my 4 in exhaust and SRL tune. This thing is a beast. Only getting about 14 mpg, but I've been driving like a grandpa this last fill up so we'll see what happens. But thing I love the most proving people wrong about this truck, cause most people think they are full of problems, but if taken care of and addressed soon enough most problems are delayed or eliminated leaving you with a sweet @ss truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.