one step closer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
one step closer

I finally sold my edge. All im waiting for is the check for it and i can order my sct livewire. Ive wanted custom tunes for a long time now. Im wanting to get it tuned from innovative. What do you guys think is the best tunes from there? what are the pros and cons on all the tunes? How much smoke do they produce? The local cops are kinda cracking down on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2011, 11:02 AM

All the tunes are great. I run extreme street as a daily driver. No smoke unless you really gun it, helps the mileage too if you can keep your foot out of it. I've run street and tow as well. Got nothing bad to say.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just a heads up but the Livewire sucks for gauges. You are better of with a cheap SCT X2 or X3 and and Edge Insight.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 AM

^^^ He's right. Livewire is a dinosaur. Its a PITA to get your EOT on it. Not to mention it wont read alot of what the Insight will. I wish I would've gone that direction.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Just a heads up but the Livewire sucks for gauges. You are better of with a cheap SCT X2 or X3 and and Edge Insight.
What he said^^^^^^^
You can check out Stealth Diesel for a package deal.
X-3 with custom tunes from Innovative and a Edge Insight CS/CTS expandable for the EGT and fuel psi.
http://www.stealth-automotive.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=308

You can read about the Inovative extreme tunes on this link.
some ?'s about the innovative tunes
Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM

yeah I have the both the insight CTS and the SCT x3 with eric innovative tunes. Its the cheapest, easiest, and best stuff for your truck just IMO.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:34 PM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i have the livewire and i have not problem watching anything. you have to plug ur laptop into the livewire and livewire into your truck and use sct program on there website and u can pick from a bunch of things to watch. i have eot, ect, tranny, and 3 other random ones. then on my a pillar i have egt, fuel pressure, and volts(dont ask me why volts, i didnt know what 3rd gauge to get so i picked the one that didnt require any extra sensor to hook up). i agree it is huge but it does that job
if i would do it again i would prolly get the insight cts and x3 just because of the size, thats the only downfall
Old 05-11-2011, 04:10 PM

I looked at the stealth website and found a sct x3 with the insight for 770. It says it comes with 3 innovative tunes. My ? is do i get to pick which 3 tunes? Looking at it now stealth is cheaper for the combo than the livewire is by its self.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am on the same path as the OP. What about the touchscreen SCT module? Does anybody have an experience with these units?

Seems like it has a lot of the same display features... just wondering because i don't have any experience with either. Thanks for all the help guys
Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0kansaspowerstroke View Post
I looked at the stealth website and found a sct x3 with the insight for 770. It says it comes with 3 innovative tunes. My ? is do i get to pick which 3 tunes? Looking at it now stealth is cheaper for the combo than the livewire is by its self.
I can't remember, but I think you get a choice of 1 extreme tune and 2 basics (tow,Eco,street) or you just get basics, or 2 basics and pay a little more for an extreme tune. Maybe some one will chime in who has bought from Stealth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.