codes/performance questions after egr delete/flush and elc - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
codes/performance questions after egr delete/flush and elc

03 6.0 84k miles. Powermax turbo, edge evolution programmer, no cat no muffler, stock exhaust tubes.
Just did the system flush, new oil cooler, egr delete, and elc.
My main concern is that I am now flashing all 8 injector circuit voltage. I have never had any of those codes before. I understand that this could be ficm but my question is why all of the sudden? Truck runs starts drives fantastic. No hint of any injector issues. Also after these mods the tranny is shifting way harder than ever before, to the point that wjen I'm on it is is slamming second gear and lighting up the tires. It used to shift real smooth.

Also I realize the programmer is going to flash the 2 egr codes, but is the some way I can make it stop?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Have you double checked the FICM connector and wires for chafing? It could also be just dumb luck on the P0611 FICM code and the FICM just happen to take a dump. Either way you need to test your FICM.
http://www.swampsdiesel.com/content/faq/ficm.htm

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articl...icle-05-13.php

How long ago did you do the repairs to the truck? When you disconnect your batteries for a period of time, the trans need time to relearn.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:45 PM

It isn't throwing a p0611 ficm code, only the injector codes. I did the flush thur and Friday, never disconnected batteries for any of that. Then i did the oil cooler and egr delete on Saturday. Had batteries unplugged for that from 11am till about 7pm.

As soon as I started the truck after that it flashed 10 dtc codes, all cylinder #1-8 injector circuit low separately and 2 egr codes.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
IIRC, when the FICM is on it's way out, it will throw a p0611, or all 8 injector codes, or both. You will need to check your FICM volts and check for wire chafing, bad connection, or broken connector pin(s).
Old 05-08-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
IIRC, when the FICM is on it's way out, it will throw a p0611, or all 8 injector codes, or both. You will need to check your FICM volts and check for wire chafing, bad connection, or broken connector pin(s).
thanks.

will check it out.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:36 PM

Did you unhook the injector harness during repairs? did you happen to turn the key on while they were unplugged? just thinking out loud if these codes were never there before
Old 05-08-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpu1983 View Post
Did you unhook the injector harness during repairs? did you happen to turn the key on while they were unplugged? just thinking out loud if these codes were never there before
We did disconnect all the injector plugs to pull the intake manifold, never turned the key on till we where totally done.

I've cleared the codes 3 or 4 times, but they keep coming back.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:45 PM

ok, well i think i figured out what happened, went to start the truck today and noticed it cranking really slow like the battery was dead.. went to check the alternator and i guess when my buddy put it back on, he didnt completely snap the plug together.. so the truck was running on battery power only. as it was running, i plugged it in, the engine ran smoother/stronger immediatly. I cleared the codes and they haven't come back on again yet.. hopefully that was the problem. thanks for the input guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.