Coolant HELP what is the good stuff - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coolant HELP what is the good stuff

I want to do a radiator flush and was told to change to a differ coolant and not use the ford gold junk because it gels and clogs up the radiatior... Is this true have you heard of this... what kind is the best to use on a 6.0 PSD. I was also woundering if there is a kind you have to use on the 2005 6.0 like on chevy cars the DEXCOOl stuff or can I just get some coolant and change it out please let me know what you like to use. I dont want to jack something up just learning thanks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Premium Member

This topic has been discussed no less than 100 times man. I did a search for you and here are the results. Look for posts by 'PGreenSVT' as he has written his doctorate on this subject.

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - Search Results
Old 05-07-2011, 05:14 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
gold coolant is fine. There's guys with well over 200K with stock cooler and stock oil cooler running the gold coolant. The reason why they have had luck without having to replace the stock egr and oil cooler is because they have the coolant system flushed every year or every other. I only have 64K on my truck(just a toy and don't drive it much), but i still have the stock egr and oil cooler. I have been thinking about a flush sometime this year and i will probably put the gold back in it.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by taskforcefreddy View Post
This topic has been discussed no less than 100 times man. I did a search for you and here are the results. Look for posts by 'PGreenSVT' as he has written his doctorate on this subject.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
This topic has been discussed no less than 100 times man.
Only 100?

Am I the only one that has a "SEARCH" tab at the top of the screen?
Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

6.0 coolant flush video
Old 05-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah77 View Post
Only 100?

Am I the only one that has a "SEARCH" tab at the top of the screen?
Well, on the OP's behalf, the search function on this forum kind of sucks mainly due to people posting every last mod they've done to their vehicle in their signature. There are two ways to alleviate this... have the Super-Duper Moderators remove all mods in people's signatures (I'm a realist and know that this will never happen) or go to 'Advanced Search' and conduct your search in 'Titles only'. That way, it's not searching the body of the threads that contain mods. I love this forum but it's not very user friendly for the proactive individual who like to find answers for themselves.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Well, on the OP's behalf, the search function on this forum kind of sucks mainly due to people posting every last mod they've done to their vehicle in their signature. There are two ways to alleviate this... have the Super-Duper Moderators remove all mods in people's signatures (I'm a realist and know that this will never happen) or go to 'Advanced Search' and conduct your search in 'Titles only'. That way, it's not searching the body of the threads that contain mods. I love this forum but it's not very user friendly for the proactive individual who like to find answers for themselves.
Or you can use the google search that is on the left top of the page right under the blue Powerstroke.org. It works great and only searches this site.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:37 PM

well it is 101 times now.... I did check and did not find what I was needing If you have posted on this question before then dont post on this one thats cool... Strokin6L thanks you answered my question perfect thats what I was try to find out thanks for your time.

And Neal Zack thanks for the video man that I could not find in the older post using the serach tab....
Old 05-08-2011, 05:57 PM

international recommends to use Rotella ELC (not to be confused with rotella ultra elc) in the VT365 motor which is the sister motor of the 6 leaker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.