Motor oil on bottom of hood? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Motor oil on bottom of hood?

So I was checking oils and I happened to look at the underside of my hood and I noticed oil splattered up on it. Then I looked more closely at the oil filter housing and there was oil around and on top of the wire tunnel above the turbo too. I just bought the truck at the end of Feb and that was all clean. Checked to see if it had a motorcraft oil filter and it did and the o-ring was there so i dont know what it could be from. Any ideas what is causing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Check your dipstick, a blocked up CCV will cause the dipstick to pop out with the pressure build up from a blocked up CCV. Also the dipstick "T" handle have been known to crack.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Thanks I'll check that out when I get home. Say it is that, whats the best way to clean your ccv?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:36 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mine did that. The oil was coming from my oil filter housing. The cap wasn't on tight enough. Also check your turbo infeed tube could be bad gasket or break in line.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 PM

Well its not coming from the dipstick, and I know it wasnt the oil cap on too loose cause I had a heck of a time just getting it off. It might be a supply line, thats all I can think of now, the oil was dead center all the way back under the hood, so that would put it about right. I guess I'll just tryin and clean it up real good and check it daily.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:35 AM

I was getting oil residue and splatter from the intake elbow and cac tube connection. I just did the ccv mod to help eliminate that problem. My clamp is tightened to spec but it still just dont seal that well at that point.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hunt View Post
Well its not coming from the dipstick, and I know it wasnt the oil cap on too loose cause I had a heck of a time just getting it off. It might be a supply line, thats all I can think of now, the oil was dead center all the way back under the hood, so that would put it about right. I guess I'll just tryin and clean it up real good and check it daily.
Yeah I would check your turbo supply line that would be exactly where it's located
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.