I found this video on line does anybody think that the ford gold is still bad news or is a cat elc coolant better. Also if i did a full flush with vc-9 would it be safe to use cat EC-1 ELC or should i stick to ford gold premium keep in mind im running a BPD fully bullet proof kit with an EGR delete and a diesel site coolant filtration kit
Also is this procedure a good one to work off of
video and the procedure are from two different sites
copy the URL. I don't know why its not lit up you know what I mean
PLEASE NOTE THE MIN LEVEL ON THE DEGAS BOTTLE IS NOW THE NEW FULL LEVEL.
1) Buy Four (4) gallons of Ford Premium Gold Coolant (or Zerex G05), Two (2) bottles of VC-9 and one (1) Thermostat O-ring (if removing T-stat) at dealer.
2) Buy 15-18 gallons of DISTILLER WATER at local grocery store.
3) Open Radiator Stop**** and/or Drop lower radiator hose until radiator is empty.
4) Close stop**** and/or reconnect hose.
5) Add 2 bottles of VC-9 to degas bottle (The VC-9 is in the Ford procedure for flushing prior to water flush and new coolant). Add distilled water until the degas bottle is at MIN. Go for a 20 to 30 mile drive (Some say you need to drive at temp for 1 hour to fully clean system). Drain system, then proceed either with or without Thermostat.
Thermostat Removal Option:
A) Pull air cleaner assembly.
B) Drain coolant (See step 3 above).
C) Remove upper radiator hose.
D) Remove 2 nuts on t-stat housing.
E) Lift and move press sensor bracket to the side. Not a lot of play in it but it will move.
F) Remove 2 more nuts on t-stat housing.
G) Remove housing. It will lift right off of the studs.
H) Reverse procedure to re-install. Use a new O ring (5 bucks at dealer). I used Vaseline to hold the O ring in place. Tighten nuts to 23Nm (17lb/ft).
6) Add distilled water to degas bottle until it reads MIN.
7) Drive vehicle with heater on HIGH (HOT) until temp gauge goes to normal and thermostat opens (Excursion owners Do Not Forget Rear Heater). If thermostat is removed just idle for 5 minutes gently varying idle rpm’s between 750 and 1500 or turn High Idle Mod on.
8) Repeat steps #3,#4, #6 and #7 no less than 4 or 5 times until drain water is clear.
9) You now have 100% distilled water in your system.
10) Drop lower hose 1 last time, drain and reconnect. Reinstall Thermostat if removed earlier.
11) Look in manual to verify your system capacity (27.5 quarts) and add 3½ gallons of FULL STRENGTH Ford Premium Gold (or Zerex G05) coolant into your degas bottle.
12) Start motor and add distilled water to bring system level to not exceed the MIN Mark on degas bottle. PLEASE NOTE THE MIN LEVEL ON THE DEGAS BOTTLE IS NOW THE NEW FULL LEVEL.
13) Drive truck around to open thermostat and let cool once or twice to purge any air. May need to add more distilled water (don't add more coolant)... but when done you have flushed your entire system and have a perfect 50/50% concentration of coolant and distilled water.
Fully Bulletproof kit, BPD EGR delete,ARP head studs, OEM head gaskets,6.4 banjo bolts, Updated fuel pressure spring,SCT TSX W/EGT probe,MBRP 5" straight pipe,updated turbo center section,updated turbo drain tube, Dieselsite coolant filtration,CAT ELC,STC fitting, AFE magnum force stage 2,dual red top optima's,6 inch fabtech suspension lift kit,37" Dunlop Rover MT'S,High Idle Mod,Bradford Built Stepside Flatbed W/ LED Lights, Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs
IRONWORKERS LOCAL 14