Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

lost with out my truck

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  jay diesel 
#1 ·
my truck has been at the dealership for two weeks now and I am getting pissed. It's there getting studded , new oilcooler ,BD egr cooler. I use my truck erveryday to tow my 18' eclosed trailer with all my tools in it. Luckily I was on the same job for two weeks, but now I am finished and need to move to the next job site. Very fustrating. The ford taurus they gave me as a loaner isn't going to cut it. I asked them if I could have a truck and they said they don't use trucks as loaner vehicles for liability reasons, which I understand. Sorry for the rant. Didn't realize it would be three weeks before I would get my truck back. end rant:rod:

#3 ·
I'm in the same boat. Dealership had my truck 2 weeks doing a head job. Picked it up Friday, but they didnt fix the vibration in the rear end, like they said they did. So back it went.

#4 ·
that really pisses me off. if you take a truck in to get worked on they should give you a truck. if you take a car in they should give you a car. as simple as that. its not bad enough they are bending you over per hour. but when they start bending your business over that just crosses the line. rant over

i took my truck into the stealership for ball joints and tie rod ends. it was there for a week. the worst part was they wouldn't give me a loner. because im underage WTF. so i had to drive my dads mercury sable. how embarrassing pulling up to school in that. :hehe:

#5 ·
finally got my truck back friday. It's running good no more puking. STill cost me $972.00 in labor and deductible for my warranty and 900 for studs and egr cooler. I guess it still was cheaper than paying full price.

#7 ·
its hard for me to understand why some dealers take so long to get large repairs done. it would be different if parts were unavailable or diagnosis was difficult but that is obviously not the case here. when that truck is on a rack and no one is working on it that rack is not making money

#8 ·
I doubt it was in the bay for 3 weeks.

It probably sat outside until they could get to it

#11 ·
unfortuneatly I dont have the time to do a project like this. I have a business to run and money to make. I have employees and thier families to think about. Time is money and it would of cost me more to do it myself. In a perfect world I would of loved to dive into my 6.0. The main thing is I have my truck back and she is running good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.