HPOP gauge - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
HPOP gauge

I notice a number of guys calculate their HPOP output pressure by measuring the voltage, why not just install a gauge?

http://www.ocdiesel.com/HPOP-Pressure-Gauge-s/170.htm

I have Dakota Digital gauges and they made one like it up for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i'd be interested if there was a write-up or how-to for installing one...learning as fast as I can and subscribing even faster....only had the truck about 3months
Old 04-30-2011, 04:35 AM
Premium Member

Extremely easy, just tie into one of the wires off the ICP sensor on the righthand side valve cover. If you need to know the color of the I guess I could look on mine to see.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:38 AM
Premium Member

Oops, color of the WIRE. I meant.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
I notice a number of guys calculate their HPOP output pressure by measuring the voltage, why not just install a gauge?

HPOP Pressure Gauge | OC DIESEL

I have Dakota Digital gauges and they made one like it up for me.
I'm in the process of installing dakota digitals on my truck...i'm getting rid of the autometer's i have. So far i got the pyro just to see how it's gonna look. Gotta get the boost, trans, and fuel. I was gonna get the isspro HPOP gauge. But what dakota digital gauge did you use to read HPOP? I would love to have all the gauges be dakota digital if i can. Would love to see some pics of the gauges if you can.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Premium Member

I sent Dakota Digital a ISSPRO gauge to copy, they can copy ANY electrical gauge. They may still have the info on file as about a year after I bought the first one I ordered a second one for another truck and they did not need me to send them a gauge to copy. I like their gauges that display more then one thing and how you can display one read out real big if you want.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Premium Member

Also you can set high and low alarm points so the display will keep flashing on and off. It can also give an audio alarm by using a relay. I have mine hooked up to the seatbelt chime. The teal green color display is a close match to the digital read outs of my 05.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Also you can set high and low alarm points so the display will keep flashing on and off. It can also give an audio alarm by using a relay. I have mine hooked up to the seatbelt chime. The teal green color display is a close match to the digital read outs of my 05.
yeah i got the teal digital color with green lettering and chrome bezel.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I sent Dakota Digital a ISSPRO gauge to copy, they can copy ANY electrical gauge. They may still have the info on file as about a year after I bought the first one I ordered a second one for another truck and they did not need me to send them a gauge to copy. I like their gauges that display more then one thing and how you can display one read out real big if you want.
so is your dakota digital HPOP gauge reading in psi or voltage? Also is the harness a plug and play harness or did you actually have to tap into a wire off the harness for the ICP sensor? Do you have any pics of the gauges installed and displaying readings. After reading the egt instructions...seems like it'll take some getting use to seeing as that it only reads three digits. Examples are...06 is 60*, 70 is 700*, and 120 would be 1200*.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
so is your dakota digital HPOP gauge reading in psi or voltage? Also is the harness a plug and play harness or did you actually have to tap into a wire off the harness for the ICP sensor? Do you have any pics of the gauges installed and displaying readings. After reading the egt instructions...seems like it'll take some getting use to seeing as that it only reads three digits. Examples are...06 is 60*, 70 is 700*, and 120 would be 1200*.
It reads in PSI. The analog gauge I sent down to DD came with an optional pigtail which had an extra wire sticking out of it to connect your gauge to, so yes plug & play. It is so simple though to strip a little insulation off the OEM wiring to connect your gauge, but if you want plug & play just phone a place that sells an analog HPOP gauge and order just the pigtail as it was like a $10 or $15 option when I ordered mine. Some places may say "no" but tell them "the dealer mechanic screwed your pigtail up and you need a new one". They may feel sorry for you and agree to send you a pigtail. LOL
As for the EGT, you just lose the forth digit when the temperature is 1000 degrees and hotter. eg: 950 degrees displays as "950" but 1145 would display as "114". Really though, how often are you running 1000 degrees or hotter and if you are you are surely going to know when you are pulling a heavy load up a long hill that a displayed reading of 120 is "1200" and NOT indicating a temperature of 120?
Next days off I will post some pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.