Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HELP what should I do with my exhaust....

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  WLDHRSE 
#1 ·
I have 2005 PSD 6.0 and want to change my exhaust. I was thinking about a stright pipe... Do I need to spend 300 bucks on one or will doing a cat and muffler delete pipe do the same. I was thinking if it is to loaud and my wife go nutts, I will put a Aero muffler on to make her happy....

I know the 2003 stight pipe has a crazy trubo sound will the 2005 be the same. Please let me know what you think will work the best I only want to do this one time and not have to make a lot of changes thanks be safe.:confused:

#3 ·
Just deleting things and keeping the same diameter piping is not as good as upgrading to 4" or larger. You will see a slight HP gain, sure, but not like you would with bigger piping. My 05 has 4" turbo back, no muffler, no cat, and it sounds like a damn jet. It's pretty cool.

#4 ·
rem1981 i want the damn jet sound and the lower EGT. I do a lot of towing in the summer and it get about a 100 or so in new mexico. Did you go with MBRP or what did you pick. I have not seen many clips of the sounds of the 05 with a stright pipe you should post one...please i want to fly away lol thanks for the info. I did not know changing to a 4 inch turbo back made that much of a difference.

#7 ·
The later model 6.0's don't scream like the 03's but they still sound awesome when their straight piped, and they still have a good jet sound just not quite as high pitched as the earlier ones. 4" Turbo back!:thumb:

#8 ·
Buy an exhaust system!!!!

#9 ·
Spring for a 4" or 5". You won't be disappointed. I just had my Flo Pro put on last weekend and I couldn't be happier.

#10 ·
I think i am going for the sright pipe that seems to be the best choice from the replys I have seen. Does brand really matter this is a mix of brand names. MBRP,Banks, MagnaFlow etc... Is one better then the other

#11 ·
I have mbrp down pipe to farmboy cat delete to silverline cat back with no muffler. It's a Frankenstein because of the previous owner but I just did the cat delete making it a full straight pipe and it's freaking awesome! You will love it. People stare everywhere I go.

#12 ·
I was wanting to cut out my cat and muffler, but after reading on here save the $$ for a 4 inch set-up. I am from Canada as well my prices on 4 inch installed are:

Flo Pro and MBRP Turbo back both are $650.00 installed with tip. Both kits include the 4 inch downpipe.

#13 ·
I like the stright pipe but will i lose any boost from doing this. I have heard that i will change the amount of boost i am geting.

#15 ·
The brand doesn't matter, especially if you're just putting in a delete pipe. I cut my cat out today and stuck a piece of scrap 3-1/2" OD steel tubing in there. No name, no problem! I'm not sure what kind of down pipe I have, but it's 3-1/2" stainless, and my cat-back is a 5" Donaldson. Both of them (along with the factory cat) were on the truck when I got it.

Eventually I'm going to put a 4" down pipe in and run that into a 4" dual system with no cat or muffler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.