Got my Oil Analysis back - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got my Oil Analysis back

Well guys I had my trucks EGR cooler replaced at 64,000 miles. Regular Motorcraft 15W-40 was installed when I got it back. ARP studs went into my truck and a Bulletproof EGR cooler (California smog rules which I really dont mind unless it fails later). I did get it a bit nervous because coolant very slowly disappeared which I think may be getting flash boiled in the EGR cooler. This time around I have switched to Rotella T6 Synthetic oil and around 7500 miles I will send out for another analysis. Anybody see anything worth noting? Currently the intake is stock and hasn't been changed since I bought the truck at 58,000 miles. Come to think of it I need to get my bikes oil analyzed (Ive got 3 track days on it and nobody has hard evidence as to when it should be changed when track use considered)
Attached Thumbnails
Got my Oil Analysis back-oa-report.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2011, 07:14 PM

Was the oil cooler replaced when the work was done? If it wasn't i'm betting its clogged. A clogged oil cooler leads to flash boiling in the egr cooler since its downs stream in the cooling system. That bullet proof cooler is worthless if it doesn't get the coolant its required to cool the exhaust gasses.

Get rid of the Ford gold coolant too the lack of cooling system maintenance intervals and flushing clogs the oil cooler with silicate breakdown (Goo).
Old 04-28-2011, 11:07 PM

What company did you go through i see there are a few and how much did it cost?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:29 AM

I do mine through cummins, its like $10 for the kit. fill up the little bottle fill out some info and put in the mail(prepaid). little while later comes back the report.

You can do tranny fluid also.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:31 AM

The oil cooler was replaced as well at the time of the egr cooler. I went with Blackstone Labs for my test. I think it was like 20 bucks plus I asked for a TBN report (extra 10 bucks) to see if my oil change interval was okay or if I had gone too long. Im pretty close to doing the coolant flush. I don't plan on getting rid of the truck so I'm trying to take extra steps to make sure it lasts me a very long time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.