lack of power on my 6.0litre - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lack of power on my 6.0litre

i have an 07 6.0 litre, owned it for 2 yrs, and its stock. last little while ive noticed my power going down, when its cold it doesnt accelerate well and has trouble shifting. when it does get goin and i stomp on it a bit it will shift smoothly but wont accelerate and bury you into the seat like it did when i first got the truck. all maintence is up to date. i unplugged egr with no difference. I took to ford before my warranty was up and all they did was an egr replace as it was puffing black, but i never got my power back. my warranty is now up and any help would be great before i just hand my truck and my arms and legs over to ford.

the mileage is still great on the truck as I put on 950kms on the truck on the highway and burned 130 litres.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Welcome to the org!!

When you stomp on the go pedal, is it throwing out any smoke? If so what color?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks, i figured this is the best way for all my diesel problems.

It doesnt puff anything on acceleration, only time it puffs is on start up and thats only for a second or 2 when its cold, blue smoke. thats the other area i have problems, it takes a good 3 or 4 seconds of turning over for the engine to fire when its cold, but whats odd is when im at higher altitude it fires almost instantly, ive never heard of this prob on a fuel injected engine.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I know this link says "no start conditions" but most of this info can also cause a "hard start condition", your gonna need to test and try these ideas. Start by pulling up and DTC's, then take it from there.
Troubleshooting a No-Start condition
Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As far as it being cold and shifting, I believe that is part of your strategy, mine does the same thing it seems to hold the gear just a little longer when cold. Everything else could be as simple as a little injector stiction, or it also sounds like your ficm is heading out. Do you have a monitor?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just food for thought, but what is you milage? an 07 with less then 100k still under warranty. ive had two injectors replaced under warranty, just take it to your dealer and tell them you symptoms, no work is easier then free work and parts! but they do charge a $100 deductible/fee
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

hard starts and cold natured are signs of injector stiction or a FICM going south. Check your FICM voltage and make sure it stays above 46v when cranking and running. (check when it is cold). If your FICM is good throw a couple bottles of Rev-X in your oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.