This weekend I got around to flushing out the gold and putting in the new Zerex ELC. Process wise:
1) Dumped out the old, removed the thermostat, removed the coolant filter and bypassed it, and flushed out well with tap until clear (after removing the lower hose and rear engine plug)
2) Flushed with Restore Plus and again, flushed that out with tap water till clear
3) Flushed with Restore and again, flushed that out with tap water till clear
4) Flushed out the system 6 times with distilled water (went thru 25 gallons)
5) Installed new Ford thermostat
6) Filled with 4 gallons of Zerex ELC EC-1
7) Topped off with distilled water
It was a much longer process than I was expecting. Luckily, it went well. The plug in the block actually came out easily!
Did some driving yesterday afternoon and Edge told me by deltas between ECT and EOT were around 8 degrees. I'm happy....and I hope my truck is happy! Since it has a new OEM EGR and Oil cooler on it, I suspect it should last many, many, many years worry free.
Now...onto getting my Firestone Air shocks installed!